German Chocolate With Italian Cream

Baking By Nanas.sweet.treats Updated 27 Nov 2018 , 11:04pm by -K8memphis

Nanas.sweet.treats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nanas.sweet.treats Posted 27 Nov 2018 , 9:01pm
post #1 of 4

Hi I'm looking for the best recipe for German chocolate cake. And Italian cream (NOT Italian meringue buttercream)

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 27 Nov 2018 , 9:28pm
post #2 of 4

the best recipe is the one on the german chocolate package -- it's the Only type of chocolate that makes german chocolate -- is there a better chocolate cake? yes probably --  but using german chocolate is the only way to get a real g choco cake --

for italian cream I use sour cream,  cream cheese, a little powdered sugar, more lemon juice than vanilla, and sometimes I use gelatin  to hold it  -- I always make up the amounts -- but I listed them in order of quantity --

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 27 Nov 2018 , 10:49pm
post #3 of 4

Ditto on the German Chocolate Cake recipe.  I've never found a better one that the one on the bar of Baker's German Chocolate.  Never heard of Italian cream, so I will take Kate's word for it!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 27 Nov 2018 , 11:04pm
post #4 of 4

sandra you're So sweet -- I wish I was as good as you think I am hahahaha --

and on the I. cream -- I sieve the water out of the sour cream too -- either over a couple days put the container upside down in  the fridge and check it every day and the water will separate out -- and just pour it down the sink -- or use it for the water in a cake -- just keep doing that till the water is all gone -- or you can dig a crater in it and the crater will fill with water -- or you can line a sieve with cheesecloth and put it over  a big measuring cup or something to sieve out the water -- you want the real nice thick sour cream -- you can buy it off the shelf up north -- but ours can be watery --

so there's that too -- best to you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%