Cookies To Store To A Week

Baking By Sal2012 Updated 29 Nov 2018 , 2:52am by Sal2012

Sal2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sal2012 Posted 25 Nov 2018 , 5:03pm
post #1 of 6

Hello,

I have birthday coming and so much on that day  I am thinking to make cookies in advance.  Can I do that in 6 days in advance  and store them so it looks fresh.

Also,  How far I can make blueberries and raspberry filling in advance for the cake.

Can I freeze the Swiss Maringue recipe for a week?

Thank you!

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 25 Nov 2018 , 9:19pm
post #2 of 6

I'm all for doing whatever one can in advance to save being 'snowed under' on the last day.  It depends on the cookie recipe used if you can make them that far in advance.  If they are something like choco chipers; sugar cookies and the likes you can bake them far in advance and freeze them.  As for the fruit fillings I wouldn't do them more than 1, 2 at the most days ahead.   Sorry. I know nothing about SM Icing.

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 25 Nov 2018 , 10:12pm
post #3 of 6

SMBC freezes really well, I put mine in a plastic takeaway container if it's only a short time. Defrost from the day before in the fridge. You will need to rewhip it though.

To rewhip it I always warm it in the microwave until the very edges are runny - only the very edges then into the bowl and beat on low. If it still looks chunky remove a small amount and microwave until it is a little bit runny then add that back in and beat again. This should make it smooth and satiny like it was when you first made it.

To be honest though if you are just making a small batch I think it's just as easy to make it on the day you make the cake as rewhipping means you dirty the equipment twice plus have the hassle of rewhipping.

Sal2012 Posted 26 Nov 2018 , 12:34pm
post #4 of 6

Sorry, I am talking about royal icing cookies.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Nov 2018 , 10:40pm
post #5 of 6

Don't think royal iced would hold up to f'zing....just bake up the cookies and fZ them plain then ice & decorate maybe 2 days ahead.

Sal2012 Posted 29 Nov 2018 , 2:52am
post #6 of 6

Thanks! I decorated today. The party is on Saturday.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%