Tres Leches Stacking And Decorating Help

Baking By jollybuns Updated 24 Nov 2018 , 11:04pm by kakeladi

jollybuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jollybuns Posted 24 Nov 2018 , 5:15pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone,

I plan on make Tres Leches for a bday tomorrow. I do have a few questions:

1. How do i stack them? I know you have to soak them with the milk mixture but do i soak them after i stack them or before?

2. I would like to decorate with fresh fruits. Is there a glaze to make to protect the fruits from getting soft or changing colors?

3. The birthday is tomorrow at 3 pm. When should I make the cake and soak it?

4. With previous cakes, I usually put them in the freezer before I decorate. Should I place this in the fridge or freezer after I soak it? 

Thanks in advance everyone!

3 replies
whatthedogate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whatthedogate Posted 24 Nov 2018 , 8:44pm
post #2 of 4

Don't know for sure, but my instinct tells me you might want to use a slightly larger cake board under the top tier than you would normally use.  Then you could cover the protruding board with a decorative piping of Am BC to seal in the milk from the top layer.  Any way you do the fruit I would put it on at the last minute.  Good luck

whatthedogate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whatthedogate Posted 24 Nov 2018 , 8:45pm
post #3 of 4

And all lots of dowels for support because the bottom layer will be very mushy.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 24 Nov 2018 , 11:04pm
post #4 of 4

2. I would like to decorate with fresh fruits. Is there a glaze to make to protect the fruits from getting soft or changing colors?

A glaze can be made with the juice of the fruit mixed w/cornstarch.........heat until it thickens, then let cool well before adding to cake.

3. The birthday is tomorrow at 3 pm. When should I make the cake and soak it?

As close to pick up time as you can get away with :)

4. With previous cakes, I usually put them in the freezer before I decorate. Should I place this in the fridge or freezer after I soak it? 

I guess that would depend on the fruit used.  Most fruit cannot be frozen w/o damage. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%