Ok - My Turn. Recipe Question

Baking By cakefan92 Updated 19 Nov 2018 , 3:23pm by SandraSmiley

cakefan92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefan92 Posted 18 Nov 2018 , 1:59am
post #1 of 8

Ok - my turn to show my ignorance. I've been looking at recipes and found one for a quick easy coffee mousse, but it calls for "7 ctsp" of brown sugar.  What in the heck is a "ctsp"?

Thanks

7 replies
cakefan92 Posted 18 Nov 2018 , 2:01am
post #2 of 8

And yes, I have googled it.  Kept coming up with "Certified Training Service Something-or-other"

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 18 Nov 2018 , 4:58am
post #3 of 8

Reprint the recipe and we can figure it out. I am guessing it is "7 tsp" with a typo C added.

cakefan92 Posted 18 Nov 2018 , 3:17pm
post #4 of 8

I'm sorry, it was a video and I'm not tech-savvy enough to get a link posted.  I just wrote down the ingredients as it was playing.  But this isn't the first time I've seen "ctsp", I just was never interested enough to find out what it meant until now.

yortma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yortma Posted 18 Nov 2018 , 4:30pm
post #5 of 8

I found it - here is the link on you tube.   When I play slo-mo it looks like she is throwing in two heaping spoons of sugar. 7 tsps is a little more than 2 Tbsps, so it is probably 7 tsps with a typo. I searched too and couldn't find anything for ctsp.  Or maybe the "c" means "circa" (about).  She wasn't even using a measuring spoon!  Start with a little less and add to taste.  I doubt that the sugar needs to be precise for it to work.  Good luck!  HTH

yortma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yortma Posted 18 Nov 2018 , 4:51pm
post #6 of 8

PS - easy to post links.  Try it!!  Get to the web page you wish to link, (the recipe, the picture, the youtube video, etc). Double click on the web address up in your menu bar until it is highlighted.  A drop down menu will appear (at least on my imac) then go down to "copy" and click.  Leave that site and return to the place you want to insert the link.  Then double click at that place and click "paste"  from the drop down menu and voila!  Sometimes you will just get the web address and it needs to be clicked by the reader to open, sometimes you will get the actual document, picture, video, etc pasted depending  on what plug-ins your computer has and the filters in the site you are in (I think that's how that works!).  either way is fine.  HTH!!  

cakefan92 Posted 19 Nov 2018 , 3:09pm
post #7 of 8

Yortma, you're wonderful! Thank you so much for your help.  I actually prefer recipes that aren't so unforgiving and I can use a dash or a pinch or whatever I want. 

And thanks for the computer lesson.  I can usually figure things out but I'm quickly losing my motivation for anything technical. I don't know if it's age or laziness, but I really appreciate you taking the time to type it all out.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 19 Nov 2018 , 3:23pm
post #8 of 8

I agree with everyone, it is a typo for 7 teaspoons.  When I googled ctsp, it came up Certified Tree Service Professional, LOL!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%