Pricing Hater Here!!

Baking By Campanas Updated 21 Nov 2018 , 12:28pm by KitchenSix

Campanas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Campanas Posted 17 Nov 2018 , 5:17pm
post #1 of 4

Hi ladies!!

Quick question...what do you all usually charge for an 8in round Carrot Cake with cream cheese buttercream frosting? And what would you charge for one with fresh flowers and non edible pumpkin and scarecrow decorations like this one I made? $35-$40 sound reasonable? Pricing Hater Here!!

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 17 Nov 2018 , 8:27pm
post #2 of 4

It sounds good to me BUT....... many decorators are charging by the # of servings wich in this case would be around 30.  At $3 a serving that's $90.     It depends so much about your location, how much you have invested in ingredients, license fees, utilties,  and sooooo much more.  Maybe charge $40 PLUS the cost of the added decroations?

KitchenSix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenSix Posted 21 Nov 2018 , 12:26pm
post #3 of 4

For just the cake alone, I would’ve charged $112.  I consider carrot cake and cream cheese buttercream ‘nonbasic’ flavors.  $3.50/serving, an 8” serves 32.

As for the designs up top, I would either have told the customer that they need to supply that stuff themselves, or I would have to make a trip to Hobby Lobby or something to find out, or browse Amazon before quoting.. But personalized non-edible Toppers like that, are usually don’t want to do them because you can’t find it exactly like that.  I also have not dabbled in live flowers for other people yet. 

KitchenSix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenSix Posted 21 Nov 2018 , 12:28pm
post #4 of 4

Oh! I looked at the wrong column.  An 8” is 24 servings! That would be $84.  I thought that was off, haha.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%