Pro Froster

Baking By MamaGeese Updated 12 Nov 2018 , 7:36pm by SandraSmiley

MamaGeese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaGeese Posted 12 Nov 2018 , 1:28am
post #1 of 4

I am trying to teach myself to use the pro froster gadget.  So far it's just been a big ole mess. It looks so easy on you tube..lol.

the regular buttercream I use seems to leave behind a finish with holes, just not smooth enough. Is there any icing recipe known that makes buttercream with the look and feel of ganache? Any tips on these icing gadgets? I've bought some acrylic discs too, but haven't tried those yet.

3 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 12 Nov 2018 , 1:46am
post #2 of 4

I've never used the Profroster, MamaGeese, but I have experienced holes in my buttercream.  I guess it is air bubbles.  They dissipate as I continue to smooth the frosting.  I too bought the acrylic discs, but my stupid oven is dead and I have a new on on order, so haven't had a chance to try them.

MamaGeese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaGeese Posted 12 Nov 2018 , 2:11pm
post #3 of 4

Let me know when you try them. I got the ones with a center hole, figuring if I ran a dowel through the whole thing it would be easier. Im sure it takes a lot of practice

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 12 Nov 2018 , 7:36pm
post #4 of 4

While I have not tried the acrylic discs yet, I have done the upside down method with ganache and buttercream using cake boards and it works well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%