Friday Night Cake Club For 11/02/18

Decorating By kstevens Updated 7 Nov 2018 , 3:32pm by kstevens

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 3 Nov 2018 , 10:45pm
post #1 of 13

I think Friday Night Cake Club is becoming Saturday Night Cake Club. Lol 

Sorry folks, I seem to be dropping the ball lately as life is getting in the way.  One of my dogs had a major surgery this week and I just brought her home last night so my mind wasn't on cakes. 

I made a Halloween cake for the Chemistry Club's Halloween party and Halloween sugar cookies for my trick or treaters.  I'll get the photos downloaded off my camera now and then post them. 

Hope you've all had a great week and lookd forwarc to seeing what you have been up to.

Kelly

12 replies
kstevens Posted 3 Nov 2018 , 11:11pm
post #2 of 13

Meet Ted, my Halloween cake based on the two-faced ghost cake by Koalipops.  I added some extra details like the pumpkin pail and the skull to make it more my own.  They are both made using molds and candy melts. His teeth and the bones are modeling chocolate. The grass is colored coconut and the dirt is crushed Oreo cookies.  The students both loved him and were creeped out by him.

kstevens Posted 3 Nov 2018 , 11:14pm
post #3 of 13

Due to time constraints, I kept my cookies simple this year.  They were made using the Halloween Basics cookie cutter set by Sweet Sugarbelle.

GIGGLEBOX2014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GIGGLEBOX2014 Posted 4 Nov 2018 , 6:22am
post #4 of 13

Friday Night Cake Club For 11/02/18Friday Night Cake Club For 11/02/18Friday Night Cake Club For 11/02/18

GIGGLEBOX2014 Posted 4 Nov 2018 , 6:34am
post #5 of 13

So far I have survived this weekend! 

A friend of mine showed me a pic of a cake she wanted me to make her son's similar to (unsure who made the original to credit them), which is the plain almost semi-naked cake with the dinosaur. Very simple, but exactly what she wanted. lol. That cake was a success. It actually traveled an hour away, and she said it was delicious and actually shared my information with those that asked who made the "delicious" cake. :)

Now, my next one is due today (Sunday) around noon, which I have almost completely done. The smash cake is identical, but not pictured here as I haven't taken a pic of it yet. It is a 10/6 inch two tier cake with a dozen cake pops and matching smash cake. It will be a "Big One" fishing themed cake. She wanted the cake to resemble water, but in an ombre type manner. I think it turned out well. She purchased a bunting topper with little fish she wants on the cake. I made "bobber" themed cake pops, which I'm sure will be the death of me should I accept another cake pop order. Insert eye roll here, cause I hate cake pops. hahahahahaha.

All in all it was a good, very stressful, busy week as I only have time to cake when I'm not at my full time job. I only had two days off this week and worked a total of 72 hours, but I have used every second of spare time to work on everything I had due this weekend. Now to deliver this one tomorrow, so I can enjoy a couple days off with no work OR cakes!

GIGGLEBOX2014 Posted 4 Nov 2018 , 6:35am
post #6 of 13

@kstevens  I LOVE THAT 2 SIDED CAKE!!! Adorable AND scary! 

louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 4 Nov 2018 , 6:12pm
post #7 of 13

Love the 2 sided cake and the ombré water cake. 

I made this cake for my mum’s school reunion. In the process I worked out that tappits works best on dried out fondant/tylose. The older and more dried out the better!

GIGGLEBOX2014 Posted 5 Nov 2018 , 4:32am
post #8 of 13

Today was a big success! She added the cute little bunting topper and the candle, and it looks soooo cute! The cake pops look great around it too! 

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 5 Nov 2018 , 5:56am
post #9 of 13

Great cakes everyone. Glad you manage to survive the weekend Gigglebox2014.

I made a Starbucks cake for my niece. It was the first time I carved a cake. I watched a video by cakestyles on YouTube about 20 times and she made it look really easy so I decide to try. 

post #10 of 13

I made a Starbucks cake for my niece. It was the first time I carved a cake. I watched a video by cakestyles on YouTube about 20 times and she made it look really easy so I decide to try. 

post #11 of 13

GIGGLEBOX2014 Posted 5 Nov 2018 , 6:09am
post #12 of 13

LOL! Thanks! I simply have to learn to say no when I don't have the needed time, or else I take time away from other areas in my life......... Like sleep, cause I'm a full blown night shifter (6p-6a).  ;p  My bf always says "I don't want to hear it, you did this to yourself." Which is completely true, but I try to help as much as I can. 

I love your starbucks cake! I wish I would have done something taller when I did a starbucks themed cake! Mine was short and fat. hehehehe

kstevens Posted 7 Nov 2018 , 3:32pm
post #13 of 13

@GIGGLEBOX2014 great job on those cake pops and the rest of your orders.  I find cake pops extremely frustrating so am always in awe when others get them to look so flawless.

@louglou your cake looks great!

@Marian64 your cake looks yummy!

Have a great rest of the week everyone and I'll do my best to get FNCC up on time this week.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%