How To Charge To Train A Baker

Business By CandB Updated 6 Nov 2018 , 7:40pm by -K8memphis

CandB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandB Posted 2 Nov 2018 , 1:51pm
post #1 of 7

Hello,

I worked as a baker(approx. 25 hrs/week) in a franchise making dough(from scratch), baking etc. I resigned due to personal reasons. Now my previous employer wants me to come in to work just one shift. The baker(2) they hired don't seem to be able to produce the same quality. How do you charge if they require you to train a baker they have hired while doing the shift? 

6 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 2 Nov 2018 , 6:22pm
post #2 of 7

Probably what you were paid per hour?  Maybe a little more in case this person is not the brightest bulb around.....I mean what if they cannot absorb what you are telling them or refuse to do it right and you get frustrated?  I do not envey you having to do this.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 Nov 2018 , 5:33pm
post #3 of 7

$10 more an hour -- oh hell yes blush no, wait  -- start at twelve more an hour then go down to ten dollars more -- give you a little wiggle room -- if they want expertise you charge 'em for it!

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 6 Nov 2018 , 2:27pm
post #4 of 7

I've had to train many people during the course of my working life (not baking, by the way) and it was just part of the job.  I agree, it is not the most pleasant task, so push it as hard as you dare!

-K8memphis Posted 6 Nov 2018 , 2:59pm
post #5 of 7

sandra -- she's not an employee anymore though -- yes if she was an employee it's part of the gig -- but if you're called back in for a special assignment kaching!

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 6 Nov 2018 , 4:38pm
post #6 of 7

Like I said, push for as much as possible!

-K8memphis Posted 6 Nov 2018 , 7:40pm
post #7 of 7

yes you are right

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%