Help! Isomalt Stuck

Sugar Work By pollyfan Updated 27 Oct 2018 , 2:37am by bubs1stbirthday

pollyfan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pollyfan Posted 25 Oct 2018 , 4:40pm
post #1 of 4

I stupidly forgot to pour out all my extra melted isomalt onto a mat, and now I have an inch of hardened isomalt in the bottom of my pyrex jug. Is there any way to get it out, or should I just toss it, and go buy a new pyrex jug before hubby gets home??

3 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 25 Oct 2018 , 4:55pm
post #2 of 4

Have you tried microwaving it?  If it doesn't wotk, nothing is lost by trying.

tennacvol Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tennacvol Posted 25 Oct 2018 , 7:19pm
post #3 of 4

You have many options to save it.  Microwave should work.  The two enemies of sugar are water and heat.  If the microwave does not work, then either running hot water or if there is room, pouring boiling hot water into the jug will work.  May take a few treatments or some time.  Also, if your oven goes low enough and the Pyrex is rated for a high enough temp, putting it in a 200 F oven for about 10-20 minutes should work.  But microwave and boiling/how water should work fine.

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 27 Oct 2018 , 2:37am
post #4 of 4

Yep, just plain boiling water will do the trick, add water, let soak, stir and empty. Repeat until it is all clean :-) 

I am always amazed when I read reviews of a sugar based recipe (hard candy etc) and people whinge about having to throw stuff away as the sugar stuck all over it and 'ruined it'  when hot water will melt it all away.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%