How Far Would You Deliver A Cake?

Business By Cakesbybela Updated 25 Oct 2018 , 4:16pm by inthekitchen2

Cakesbybela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakesbybela Posted 24 Oct 2018 , 3:02pm
post #1 of 5

I have a possible client who’s very interested in a cake but she lives 3 hours away. I’ve delivered to someone who was about an 1.5 away. They paid the delivery fee just fine. I’m just not sure if it’s worth a three hour drive on my one day off from my full time job.

4 replies
Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 24 Oct 2018 , 3:31pm
post #2 of 5

I would only deliver a cake that far for a very close friend or family member and it was for an event I was invited to.  Or they were ordering such an expensive cake that by taking the order I would be making A LOT of money off of it.  Other than that, no way would I deliver a cake that far, especially if it was the only day off because not only are you driving 3 hours to deliver the cake you are than having to drive 3 hours back.  Six hours in a car is not my idea of fun.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 24 Oct 2018 , 8:06pm
post #3 of 5

I have delivered that far to enter compitions and for my parents anniversary but I doubt a client would pay the fees.  And loosing a 'day off ':(   well you are just going to have to decide if you really want to. 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 25 Oct 2018 , 2:47am
post #4 of 5

I think it just depends upon how important the whole transaction is to you.  I am guessing, since you sound reluctant to give up your day off (and rightfully so), the answer for you is probably no.

inthekitchen2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inthekitchen2 Posted 25 Oct 2018 , 4:16pm
post #5 of 5

Me, I don't deliver. Unless it's a wedding in town. Now, that being said, anything for a price. So, 6 hours of my day sitting in a car driving, I'd figure what that is worth to me, and it would be a lot. Too high for her? She can pick it up. Or pay half and we meet half way. That's what I'd do. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%