Buttercream

Baking By MamaGeese Updated 23 Oct 2018 , 9:12pm by kakeladi

MamaGeese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaGeese Posted 23 Oct 2018 , 1:48am
post #1 of 3

Hi friends, I need help. I have a wedding cake coming up and the bride wants just a very smooth, plain 2 tier cake with buttercream icing. 

She wants nothing on it. I've always used a crusting American buttercream, when we could get Sweetex. I've been experimenting with Swiss meringue and although the taste is fantastic, it seems a little fragile and soft for GA weather. This is a very sophisticated bride and I want something nice that's not overly sweet but will hold up well, and be smooth, she's fine with icing being a little off white or ivory. I've looked at a ton of recipes on CC  and I'm overwhelmed. The wedding is in 2 wks and I don't have a lot of time...I'm wondering what other CC people are doing without our high ratio? ..I would appreciate ANY advice.  Thanks in advance! 

2 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 23 Oct 2018 , 2:20am
post #2 of 3

Have you considered white chocolate ganache?  It is, of course, a creamy pale yellow color, but it is delicious and sturdy.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 23 Oct 2018 , 9:12pm
post #3 of 3

I highly suggest you use this recipe:   https://www.cakecentral.com/recipe/22469/2-icing   I feel it meets your requirements and should be good for your weather situation.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%