Wedding Cake Cheesecake Help

Baking By Beverley_nunes Updated 21 Oct 2018 , 1:48pm by -K8memphis

Beverley_nunes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beverley_nunes Posted 20 Oct 2018 , 9:58pm
post #1 of 4

Hi there!

I've been asked to do a three tier cake with the top tier being a cheesecake. Simple enough. However I'm needing to freeze the cheesecake so it will last the wedding reception until it gets cut. I'm worried that the moisture from the cheesecake defrosting will affect the tier underneath which will have Swiss meringue buttercream. Does anyone have any tips to avoid any problems? 

Thanks!

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 20 Oct 2018 , 11:28pm
post #2 of 4

i think that serving a frozen cake or setting one up at the reception is a mistake -- a cold cake yes -- but cheesecake is cheesecake -- you've just got to baby it -- it just can't be left out for hours like a regular cake -- freezing it will have it defrosting irregularly -- the center will most likely still be frozen -- unless it's left out way too long -- in which case the part that defrosted first will be out too long -- it's hazardous food and has to be taken seriously -- people with crohn's and celiac and other diseases don't look like they are sick -- no es bueno

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 20 Oct 2018 , 11:59pm
post #3 of 4

Could you use a dummy top tier for the reception, then change it out for the cheese cake (which has been refrigerated all the while) right before the cake is cut?  I agree with everything -K8memphis said.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 21 Oct 2018 , 1:48pm
post #4 of 4

oh yeah for just the top tier -- good idea, sandra --

another idea is to make them a honeymoon cake -- a four or five inch cheesecake -- just deliver it all boxed up with the bride's cake -- you can decorate it to match -- they get a nice treat to enjoy later when it's quiet -- you don't have to worry about anything -- make two and you've covered the anniversary cake too

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%