Rose Gold Shade For Bc

Decorating By dream_cakes15 Updated 22 Oct 2018 , 10:33pm by SandraSmiley

dream_cakes15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dream_cakes15 Posted 20 Oct 2018 , 2:13am
post #1 of 9

Can someone please tell me how I can get a rose gold color buttercream. The person I’m making this for would like a rose gold ombré rosette cake with gold glitters all over it. I would appreciate any help thanks!

8 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 21 Oct 2018 , 12:10am
post #2 of 9

The only way I know of that you could achieve this is with an airbrush.  There are no really glittery glitters that are edible.  Sanding sugars would probably as close as you could get.

dream_cakes15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dream_cakes15 Posted 21 Oct 2018 , 3:43am
post #3 of 9

@sandrasmiley Hello! How can I spray the rose gold? Do I have to buy a gel? 

SandraSmiley Posted 21 Oct 2018 , 2:17pm
post #4 of 9

Most people use colors especially for an airbrush, when airbrushing, but I do believe gel color thinned with alcohol can also be used.  Wilton makes a gold aerosol spray, but it tends toward the yellow side instead of rose.  I know some people  paint on buttercream, but I never have.  If you use a buttercream that crusts firmly, you could dry brush on a rose gold dust.  

You should really try some of this stuff in advance, but it seems to me if the buttercream was tinted a soft, dusty rose pink, left to crust, then dry brushed with a gold dust from the bottom, grading into a rose gold dust toward the middle of the tier, would be a nice effect.  Hope this makes sense.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Oct 2018 , 7:51pm
post #5 of 9

I doubt gel colors thinned w/anything would work - it most likely would gum up the sprayer

Sandra said:........ if the buttercream was tinted a soft, dusty rose pink, left to crust, then dry brushed with a gold dust from the bottom, grading into a rose gold dust toward the middle of the tier, would be a nice effect.  .........

That ^^^ is what I would suggest.  Use this recipe for the icing and let it dry a couple of hours before dry brushing:  https://www.cakecentral.com/recipe/22469/2-icing    Especially pay attntion to the bottom of the directions where it tell you how to make the icing crust:) 

SandraSmiley Posted 21 Oct 2018 , 11:47pm
post #6 of 9

kakeladi, I do not have an airbrush and, if I did I would not use anything but airbrush colors in it.  I have heard losts of people, though, say they used gel color thinned with alcohol in their airbrush and it worked fine.  I've also heard others say it did not.  As I said, if I ever get one, I will be using colors made for the airbrush.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 22 Oct 2018 , 8:53pm
post #7 of 9

Sandra, I know my thoughts on the subject are old.....since I retired more than 15 yrs ago but I was warned to *NEVER* put anything but made for an airbrush colors in it. :)

SandraSmiley Posted 22 Oct 2018 , 10:33pm
post #8 of 9

I totally agree with you, kakeladi!  As I said above, if I ever get an airbursh, I will be using colors made especially for that purpose!

SandraSmiley Posted 22 Oct 2018 , 10:33pm
post #9 of 9

I totally agree with you, kakeladi!  As I said above, if I ever get an airbursh, I will be using colors made especially for that purpose!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%