Check This Out!!!

Decorating By -K8memphis Updated 18 Oct 2018 , 1:49am by -K8memphis

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 17 Oct 2018 , 8:37pm
post #1 of 9

the sheeter i would have loved to own -- wow -- check it out--

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/doughfinis-artisan-dough-processor/coming_soon

8 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 17 Oct 2018 , 8:43pm
post #2 of 9

It does look like a cool tool!  I am still working up to getting a pasta roller attachment for my Kitchenaid!

-K8memphis Posted 17 Oct 2018 , 9:22pm
post #3 of 9

i know -- i could never part with that much moola for the ka pasta attachment -- but zulily carries ka stuff -- they have a really cool ka spiralizer attachment dealio -- but i have a real simple one that works great -- love spiralized veggies --

but i love this sheeter -- i would so get one if i could do cakes -- but i can't even eat sugar or gluten anymore -- and being on this diet has made a huge difference with the rheumatoid -- so i'm still trying to sell my cake stuff though -- i'm the only one standing in my way though ha!

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 17 Oct 2018 , 10:17pm
post #4 of 9

This beats the KA pasta roller by a zillion miles. I have the KA pasta attachment....this however, is de`bomb and I totally could envision reality TV cake shows picking it up to use in their competitions.  

I wonder....could we just slide our cake right underneath the fondant as it comes "hot off the press" and theoretically would not even have to lift it.  Just lands right on top of the cake.  Now, *that* would probably get caker's attention and perhaps boost sales.

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 17 Oct 2018 , 10:19pm
post #5 of 9

**type of video  on their website

(still no editing on CC, I see.)

SandraSmiley Posted 17 Oct 2018 , 11:52pm
post #6 of 9

It is a cool machine, but I have no need for it.  Since I prefer to eat buttercream or ganache cakes, I only use fondant if it is necessary.  The KA pasta roller, however, would be very helpful with models and especially flowers where I need the gum paste or chocolate to be exactly the same thickness all over.  I find that difficult to achieve with the rolling pen.

-K8memphis Posted 18 Oct 2018 , 12:05am
post #7 of 9

maybe set some bamboo skewers on either side of the gum paste and roll on that -- or rulers or something the thickness that you want

SandraSmiley Posted 18 Oct 2018 , 12:12am
post #8 of 9

My rolling pens actually have spacers that fit on the ends that are supposed to result in an even thickness, but all it really does is agravate me.  I guess I just have not master the knack.  I have used objects, like the skewers and rulers, but I think I am just too impatient.

-K8memphis Posted 18 Oct 2018 , 1:49am
post #9 of 9

i got one of these too -- i learned to really like it -- too bad they don't have any for sale now -- it's always off & on with these things

http://www.armchair.com/store/gourmet/baking/rollingpin.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%