Putting Fondant Plaque On Whipped Cream Cake

Decorating By HajraK Updated 15 Oct 2018 , 6:05pm by HajraK

HajraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HajraK Posted 13 Oct 2018 , 3:38pm
post #1 of 6

Can anyone please advise me as to how I can put a fondant plaque with a birthday message on it, on top of a cake covered in fresh whipped cream without having the fondant fall apart? Thanks!

5 replies
ropalma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ropalma Posted 13 Oct 2018 , 5:43pm
post #2 of 6

You cut a piece of parchment or wax paper the size off the plaque and place it between the cake and plaque as a backing 

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 15 Oct 2018 , 2:04am
post #3 of 6

Back it with chocolate or set in into a chocolate base plate so that the fondant doesn't touch the whipped cream.

You could also opt for a pliable product like modelling chocolate/princess paste that won't melt in the whipped cream.

HajraK Posted 15 Oct 2018 , 3:40am
post #4 of 6

Thanks for the responses guys. I’m thinking of using parchment paper and chocolate. My plan is to cut a piece of parchment paper, put chocolate on the back of it and then put the fondant on the non coated side. If anyone think this is a bad idea, let me know! :)

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 15 Oct 2018 , 5:16am
post #5 of 6

You don't need to put paper between the chocolate and the fondant, just melt the chocolate, let it cool until it is not set but not very warm to use it and male sure your fondant plaque is well set/dried before you put the chocolate on it.

HajraK Posted 15 Oct 2018 , 6:05pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks bubs1stbirthday!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%