Need To Know The Design Name

Decorating By rajinair Updated 13 Oct 2018 , 9:28pm by kakeladi

rajinair Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rajinair Posted 13 Oct 2018 , 5:07am
post #1 of 10

Can anyone help me know the name of this particular design? It would be great if you can refer any tutorial to make this design as well. Thank you

Need To Know The Design Name

9 replies
whatthedogate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whatthedogate Posted 13 Oct 2018 , 5:10am
post #2 of 10

I believe it is Lambeth

whatthedogate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whatthedogate Posted 13 Oct 2018 , 5:14am
post #3 of 10

Nope not that

louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 13 Oct 2018 , 7:19am
post #4 of 10

It’s Cornelli lace.

cutiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutiger Posted 13 Oct 2018 , 11:36am
post #5 of 10

louglou  is right, it is Cornelli lace.  You really don't need a tutorial to do it.  Just make squiggles where ever you want...to make finer lace, use a #2 tip, and if you want the lace to stand out more, use a larger tip.  I promise, it is really easy  and beautiful on cakes.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Oct 2018 , 1:44pm
post #6 of 10

cornelli is not supposed to have any right angles -- and i would get tired of concentrating on not making any -- so i just started making a ton of squiggles all piled up or whatever and curlicues in there too with a super fine tip -- and that way you just hose down the area -- just aim and squeeze and those are called sotas --

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Oct 2018 , 2:45pm
post #7 of 10

ok -- wait -- they weren't all piled up just all filled in easy peasy

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 13 Oct 2018 , 6:34pm
post #8 of 10

I am glad you clarified, Kate, because I knew you weren't making cakes with piles of Cornelli lace on them, lol.

Here's a tutorial:

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 13 Oct 2018 , 6:39pm
post #9 of 10

Here's another:

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 13 Oct 2018 , 9:28pm
post #10 of 10

Oooohhhhh my favorite decoration!  It is sooooooo simple.  I highly suggest  using tip 2 and keep moving all around the cake - don't stay in the same spot going down the cake but move around - like the 1st video shows - the 2nd one is a bit too 'up & down' for my likes :)  Your lines should never touch or cross over each other.  Try piping it with piping gel.  What a beautiful look!  And be sure to raise you cake up so the sides are eye level.     And k8...." just started making a ton of squiggles all piled up or whatever and curlicues in there too"....... what you described  here is what I understand to be called 'sotas' and is a Mexical decoration. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%