Friday Night Cake Club For 10/12/18

Decorating By kstevens Updated 15 Oct 2018 , 4:35pm by Freckles0829

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 12 Oct 2018 , 11:57pm
post #1 of 16

Opening up another session of FNCC!  Everyone is welcome to share what they have been up to this week, post photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if you are able to.

Trying to muster up the energy to bake a simple little cake for a get together with friends tomorow but I'm not really feeling it.  If I manage to get something together I'll post it.

Hope everyone has had a great week!

Kelly

15 replies
thecanadian160 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecanadian160 Posted 13 Oct 2018 , 3:18pm
post #2 of 16

I made a whiskey barrel for a recovering alcoholic (this was not intentional)

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 13 Oct 2018 , 6:28pm
post #3 of 16

This is gorgeous, TheCanadian160!  Your barrel is so authentic and the details perfect!

SandraSmiley Posted 13 Oct 2018 , 6:29pm
post #4 of 16

I've made a cheesecake and two apple bundt cakes this week, but nothing decorated, just yummy.

shellbell181 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shellbell181 Posted 13 Oct 2018 , 6:45pm
post #5 of 16

Absolutely awesome whisky barrel

shellbell181 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shellbell181 Posted 13 Oct 2018 , 6:52pm
post #6 of 16

It was my sons 5th birthday todayFriday Night Cake Club For 10/12/18! I asked him what he wanted for his cake, he said splatoon ( Nintendo paint balling game) but he also wanted a chocolate drip cake loaded with candy!! So I put them both together!! This was sooooo out of my comfort zone!!! I wanted it to look messy with paint I just wonder if it just looks like a hot mess!!!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 13 Oct 2018 , 9:14pm
post #7 of 16

Oh bless those little ones - they come up with such weird ideas :)  Seeing W/o reading your description I thought "why would someone put that on here" -- but now I totally understand. 

The whiskey berrel is so perfect.  Don't know of such a 'real' item but I can tell good/prefect work when I see it.

louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 13 Oct 2018 , 9:30pm
post #8 of 16

Wow that whiskey barrel is fantastic.  

I made a fortnite cake. I’m not familiar with the game so spent a lot of time googling and looking on Pinterest for ideas. 

SandraSmiley Posted 13 Oct 2018 , 11:51pm
post #9 of 16

Shellbell181, you gave your son exactly what he asked for!  If he doesn't like it, tell him it is his fault, lol.  I think it is pretty cool!

Great job on the Fortnite cake, louglou!

thecanadian160 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecanadian160 Posted 14 Oct 2018 , 1:57am
post #10 of 16

Shellbell- That is such a fun looking cake, I absolutely love it!!!

Louglou- That fortnight cake is spot on- Great job!

Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 15 Oct 2018 , 12:32pm
post #11 of 16

I made a halloween cake for a friends son's first birthday.

Freckles0829 Posted 15 Oct 2018 , 12:33pm
post #12 of 16

And since editing a post is not an option...inspiration for my cake was from a Cakes by Dusty blogspot post.

kstevens Posted 15 Oct 2018 , 2:28pm
post #13 of 16

@thecanadian160 that barrel cake is just awesome!  Looks so realistic!

@shellbell181 I'm sure your son must have loved his cake.

@louglou I'm not at all familiar with fortnite but your cake looks great!

@Freckles0829 I love your cake! Great job!

I managed to get a cake made for our get together with a couple of friends.  It was nothing fancy but damn good tasting! lol  We met up at a local craft brewery so it only seemed fitting to make a Baileys and stout cake.  I used a stout that they make at the brewery (it's what the birthday boy drinks).  The staff working that night were quite tickled to get a sampling of it once we had eaten what we wanted.  I was also told that a couple sitting a few tables away from us saw the cake and asked if they were now selling it and were disappointed to find out that they don't.  It is a chocolate stout cake with Baileys chocolate ganache and Baileys SMBC. 

kstevens Posted 15 Oct 2018 , 2:29pm
post #14 of 16

SandraSmiley Posted 15 Oct 2018 , 3:56pm
post #15 of 16

Freckles0829, that is such a cute, fun cake!  I love the way you did the name on the cake board.

Kelly, that is the best kind of cakes, the delicious ones!  This one sounds exceptional and what nice compliments from the staff and other guests!

Freckles0829 Posted 15 Oct 2018 , 4:35pm
post #16 of 16

@thecanadian160 Oh my goodness, that whiskey barrel is amazing!  So realistic!

@SandraSmiley I am not a huge fan of cheesecake (*ducks to dodge the stuff people are throwing at me* laughing) but those apple bundt cakes sound tasty.

@shellbell181 What a fun cake!  I bet your son loved it and I like his thinking of wanting a cake loaded in candy!

@louglou I would have had to do a bunch of searching for ideas too!  All I know about Fortnite is that it is a video game and people are obsessed with it.

@kstevens I still think your cake is pretty darn fancy.  I love the sprinkle mix at the bottom.  Dessert + beer = a good day in my book!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%