Beer Myg Cake

Decorating By juljenki Updated 9 Oct 2018 , 3:26am by juljenki

juljenki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juljenki Posted 9 Oct 2018 , 2:58am
post #1 of 3

Hi , I’m making a beer mug cake that I planing on covering with MMF my questions are how do I mix colors to get a beer color and also is MMF stiff enough to stand up or can I mix some modeling chocolate with it to give it some body?? I would like it to be editable if possible . What are my options? Very concerned about the color too! Thanks in advance 

2 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 9 Oct 2018 , 3:03am
post #2 of 3

Beer comes in many colors, from dark brown to a light golden color, so anything in between will work.  I would use a little brown with a touch of yellow, as the color most associated with beer.  If your client is a dark beer drinker, just use brown and make it a medium color.

Sure, you can mix MMF with modeling chocolate in any ratio you want or you can even use all modeling chocolate, which would be my choice.  I like working with it and I would much rather eat modeling chocolate than fondant.

juljenki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juljenki Posted 9 Oct 2018 , 3:26am
post #3 of 3

Thanks so much for your help . I agree about the modeling chocolate. I want to make the beer color a light wheat color so will use the brown w/yellow. Thanks again

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%