Transporting Pumpkin Cake.

Decorating By D.Hamm Updated 9 Oct 2018 , 12:37pm by Freckles0829

D.Hamm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
D.Hamm Posted 8 Oct 2018 , 6:28pm
post #1 of 5

Hello all. 

Im making a cute pumpkin cake for a client at the end of the month. (Including photo of sample i found for reference). Im planning on putting support (board and straws),  between the cakes so the top doesnt squish the bottom. My concern though, Transporting Pumpkin Cake. is how to get it transported without falling over, since it’s basically round shaped. 

Any tips/ ideas appreciated. :)

4 replies
Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 8 Oct 2018 , 6:36pm
post #2 of 5

I would level the bottom of the cake so that it will sit nice and flat on the cardboard round.  You don't need to cut much off, just enough to get rid of any roundness the bottom may have.

I don't believe you need a cardboard round and dowels between the two layers.  This is basically a two layered cake (a bundt cake cut in half) and you certainly don't need support in a normal two layered cake.  The only support I am thinking you will need is in the center where the whole is from the bundt cake.  I would be concerned that the fondant covering that area plus the additional weight of the stem would cause it to droop or fall completely.  Not fully sure how to solve that issue (possibly RKTs) or if it even is an issue.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Oct 2018 , 10:03pm
post #3 of 5

k8 I really think this is 2 bunt cakes - one upside down w/the other on top of it - flat bottoms of each cake together. Using a cake circle w/supports will interfere w/the filling - that is  unless you are right.   

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Oct 2018 , 10:06pm
post #4 of 5

Now as for transporting - like K8 said, slightly cut some of the 'crown' portion of the cake off - just enough to make it mostly flat, sitting on the cake circle.  Are you transporting OR is the customer?  Be very sure to inform them the need to be extra slow and deliberate in driving. 

Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 9 Oct 2018 , 12:37pm
post #5 of 5

*facepalm* it definitely is two bundt cakes stacked together...not sure why I thought it was only one.  But like kakeladi said, putting a cardboard round in the middle will mess with the filling.  That is unless you cut each bundt cake in half so you have cake, filling, cake, cardboard round, cake, filling, cake.  I still think a cardboard round isn't necessary though, but if it will make you feel more confident in the stability of the cake then go for it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%