People Are Asking For Prices And I Am Stuck. Please Help!

Baking By BakedbyMommy Updated 12 Oct 2018 , 1:43pm by -K8memphis

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 11 Oct 2018 , 9:51pm
post #31 of 34

Craftsy and Blueprint are the same company, just accessed differently.  You can also watch all the classes this weekend free from the Craftsy platform.  They have several classes on starting your business and growing your business, as well as oodles of ideas for decorating.  I love the free weekends, bing watching!

https://www.craftsy.com/cake-decorating

BakedbyMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakedbyMommy Posted 12 Oct 2018 , 1:29am
post #32 of 34

Quote by @-K8memphis on 8 hours ago

$550 to $680 is a good price for a cake like that $4 to $5 per serving -- point being all the stuff you added up there except the delivery (and tax) has to be deducted from the $550 to $680 -- and whatever's left is your pay  --

you did good -- practice saying that in the mirror -- "that's $550", "oh, twenty dozen cupcakes that's $625" just make stuff up and use big dollar amounts so it's easier to say in real life --

but anyway -- don't know if that helped you any but that's how it's done -- best to you 

This helped so much! You clarified everything for me. My $3 per slice would definitely not have covered the expenses. Now it all makes sense. My per slice, cupcake, or cakesicles price, needs to be enough to cover everything except travel. Thank you. You pushed my brain in the right direction.

BakedbyMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakedbyMommy Posted 12 Oct 2018 , 2:12am
post #33 of 34

Quote by @SandraSmiley on 4 hours ago

Blueprint is a program that you join for a fee, don't remember if you can pay monthly or if it is for a year at a time.  It gives you accessibility to all Craftsy classes as long as you are a member.  You can, however, purchase Craftsy classes individually without any membership and have access to them forever, which is what I choose to do.  I wait until they have a sale where all classes are $19.99 each.  They are well worth every penny.

BakedbyMommy, Blueprint is having a free weekend to watch any classes you like.  Here's the link.  

https://www.mybluprint.com/?cr_linkid=20181010_DirectSell_GetStartedDay6US_header&cr_maid=114803&cr_source=Craftsy&cr_medium=Internal%20Email&st_i

That is good to know! Thank you for being so helpful and giving me advice. I am going to look into crafty and bluprint. I am re-re-re evaluating my prices. I know have gained more confidence and am going to stick with it and not change up for no one. Thank you.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 12 Oct 2018 , 1:43pm
post #34 of 34

yay -- glad to hear -- best to you -- hope it all works out great purple_heart

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%