Question: Anyone Ever Color Their Edible Lace? Tips Please...

Sugar Work By CakesofDistinction65 Updated 29 Sep 2018 , 11:30pm by SandraSmiley

CakesofDistinction65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesofDistinction65 Posted 29 Sep 2018 , 5:59am
post #1 of 4

I'm doing a Competition Wedding Cake in 2 weeks & want to REALLY make a huge impression not only on the judges but for a secondary "Craft Show" event a month later. I have chosen a fancy dress to fashion the cake after and the edible lace will need to be colored. Anyone have any tips, it would be appreciated.

3 replies
me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 29 Sep 2018 , 8:28am
post #2 of 4

I have used some edible metallic paints to colour cake lace previously. You can also buy pre-coloured mix in some places. Good luck!

Debbieshobby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbieshobby Posted 29 Sep 2018 , 12:19pm
post #3 of 4

Hi - yes I have coloured cake lace from white to red using sugar flair concentrated paste. I have also coloured the premix white pearl into gold again using sugarflair. I used the black cake lace and felt it was not jet black so added colour to that too. I have not had any issues with the lace drying perfectly 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 29 Sep 2018 , 11:29pm
post #4 of 4

All of my cake lace is homemade, but I've colored it with gel colors as I mixed it and I have painted it with petal dust mixed with alcohol after it is dry.  I painted the lace on Cleopatra, after it was applied to the piece, with gold dusts and alcohol.  The red lace wrap on Scarlett O'Hara was colored with Wilton gel color and the black lace on the Steampunk girl was colored with America Color gel color.Question: Anyone Ever Color Their Edible Lace? Tips Please...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%