Wedding Cake Pop Production

Baking By SweetOfferings804 Updated 26 Sep 2018 , 9:57pm by kakeladi

SweetOfferings804 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetOfferings804 Posted 26 Sep 2018 , 2:51am
post #1 of 3

Hi Everyone. I've recently been asked to quote a wedding cake pop order of 200. This would be my largest cake pop order to date and I'm wondering:

1. What's the best, most efficient  baking, assembling, decorating, packaging time line?

2. Any tips on delivery

3. Any tips on set up if I'm asked to provide the cake pop stands/displays?

I'd love any thoughts. Thanks!!

2 replies
WYBee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WYBee Posted 26 Sep 2018 , 4:18pm
post #2 of 3

Ask what their plans are for display. If you are to provide the cake pop stands/displays, charge a refundable deposit that will cover a good portion (if not all) of the replacement cost of the stands you use. I'm not 100% sure on delivery but I would chill them and put something to cushion the cake pops in whatever container you use to transport. I generally individually wrap cake pops when I deliver, but I've never delivered ones that would be in a wedding display. I would bake and shape the cake pops starting a week or two out. I would bake the cakes and make them into cake pops right away, then I would freeze the cake pops without sticks until time to defrost and decorate.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Sep 2018 , 9:57pm
post #3 of 3

As WYBee said.......You can bake, make the pops & freeze weeks ahead.  Set up should be done by the customer or they should tell you what to use/how to display them.  Be sure to charge enough to cover your delivery/set up time & costs.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%