Continued Please Help :( My First Very Unhappy Customer.

Business By maria_stoff Updated 25 Sep 2018 , 12:38am by SandraSmiley

maria_stoff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maria_stoff Posted 24 Sep 2018 , 3:34pm
post #1 of 3

Hi Everyone,

So to carry on from my previous post I have been unable to reply so K8mephis advised me to post a new thread so that I can reply to all you lovely people.

Here is what I have been trying to post !

Hi Everyone,

I've been trying to reply for days but it wouldn't let me post every time I tried. Thank you all so much for your kind words, you are all so lovely and helpful. 

K8memphis - the lettering is one of my newest cake investment tools and I wouldn't be without it now ! It's called the Sweet Stamp and is created by a lady in Ireland. It's becoming popular super fast over here in the UK so she is actually bulk shipping worldwide now! They are acrylic cut letters that you press into soft sugarpaste and then hand paint in afterwards. She does different fonts and cookie sized ones too! Thank you for your kind words. x

Jchuck - Thank you so much. I did wonder whether she actually served my cake but then she said to me to come and pick it up. Whether she was just calling my bluff I have no idea. Thanks for your advice on payment terms. I'm still trying to get my head around things but now that this has happened I am going to write up my terms over the weekend and get everything properly sorted. I guess I was a little naive and too trusting. She seemed so lovely and sweet on the phone so it completely caught me off guard ! In my last email to her I said that I would not and cannot copy another cake artists work and that this is stated on my website. It's definitely something I feel strongly about. I value and admire every cake makers work too much to even think about copying and passing their work off as my own! She didn't reply in the end.  x

Sandrasmiley - That did make me smile! I hope her supermarket cake cost her too! And I bet it was dry and ick! Ha ha x

LindsayH - Sound advice ! I will do that this week :) x 

WyBee - I agree! The more I think about it the more I think it could have been the most perfect cake in the world and she still would have picked fault. Never mind hey. I've had lovely people like you to cheer me up, so thank you. I think I got the colours mixed up as white is definitely more of a traditional christening colour. I don't think it would've been the same the other way around. Oh well, onwards and upwards! :) x

Thanks so much everyone you've all made me feel so much better. I'm not going to let one nasty person spoil my dreams! She never replied to my last email thankfully although that does mean I'm out of pocket big time which is a bummer but to be honest I'm just grateful not to have to read anymore of her trashy hurtful words. I also had my first facebook troll yesterday. I had a nosey on this ladies profile and see that she does it to everyone so I'm not too worried, but when it's something so public like Facebook it feels like you're laid bare! Anybody else had this problem? 

Maria x

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 24 Sep 2018 , 5:25pm
post #2 of 3

i'm glad that's all behind you now -- yay!!!

i'm not well versed in fb trolls 

that's a great alphabet that lady created!

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 25 Sep 2018 , 12:38am
post #3 of 3

So happy you are feeling better, Maria.  Don't let her get you down.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%