Looking For Inspiration

Decorating By jiya11 Updated 13 Sep 2018 , 6:03am by bubs1stbirthday

jiya11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jiya11 Posted 13 Sep 2018 , 3:10am
post #1 of 4

I have an icing smiles cake request that needs to serve 30-40 servings. The request has too much going on but ofcourse its upto me what and to incorporate and what to leave behind. I asked the mom to narrow it down and below is what she replied. I dont want to contact her again to narrow it down even further.. its for a 5 year old boy. Really want to make the boy happy.. need advise

"Definitely Batman and Spider Man. He loves Mickey and Pluto, Toy Story, lilo and stitch, the incredibles, Tarzan and if you can add something from beauty and the beast and Ariel. Ge says that it’s me and sister so i think he would like that and if you have a woody and buzz he can say we’re all on the cake but yes how ever way you can do it we appreciate it so much"

I have never have done the half/half cakes where two themes go side by side on the same cake.. I dont want it cluttered with too much going on.. but if it makes the kid happy to see all his favorite characters on one cake.. why not? And, I cant do gumpaste characters.. lol..

3 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 13 Sep 2018 , 3:15am
post #2 of 4

I don't know how on earth you could possibly get that many characters, even if they were printed images, on one cake to serve 40 people.  If she "definitely" wants Batman and Spider Man, that is what I would do.  Just explain to her that all the characters are impossible.  The little boy will be thrilled with Batman and Spider Man.

jiya11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jiya11 Posted 13 Sep 2018 , 3:21am
post #3 of 4

Looking For InspirationLooking For InspirationThats what my gut is saying too... but my heart is telling me to do a cake like this 

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 13 Sep 2018 , 6:03am
post #4 of 4

Maybe you could incorporate a scenario where all those characters could reasonably be present - some sort of sports game where they are all in the crowd or a dinner party or a dance etc etc. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%