Finally Happened....

Lounge By ypierce82 Updated 18 Aug 2018 , 12:33am by ypierce82

ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 17 Aug 2018 , 5:18pm
post #1 of 10

I've had clients need to change their party date last minute. I have read about clients needing to change their date last minute. I never thought I would be that client lmao my daughter is having a pool party tomorrow, but now it is calling for rain all day *sad face* The cake has been baked and decorated, so here I sit trying to figure out how to keep it until Sunday. I guess I should try to be more understanding to my clients lol

9 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 17 Aug 2018 , 5:44pm
post #2 of 10

stuck_out_tongueblush

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 17 Aug 2018 , 7:03pm
post #3 of 10

“Walk a mile in there shoes”!!

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 17 Aug 2018 , 7:04pm
post #4 of 10

Hmm...CC didn’t post the rest of what I wrote. Hopefully you can refrigerate your cake.

ypierce82 Posted 17 Aug 2018 , 7:20pm
post #5 of 10

I can fridge it, but I've never had to for 2 days. They have a chocolate chip cookie layer, so it will be interesting to see how that works out. This site has been acting weird for me the past few days!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 17 Aug 2018 , 7:22pm
post #6 of 10

Rather than frig'ing it fz it if at all possible.   Will keep better......... but then I have kept leftover cake in the frig for 10-15 days (got shoved to the back and didn't see it :)  Of course it was served to just hubby & me - no client, and we thought it was almost as good as the 1st day. 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 17 Aug 2018 , 7:24pm
post #7 of 10

Well, doesn't that suck!  I think you cake will be fine in the refrigerator until Sunday.  I always keep Mike and my personal cakes in the fridge and as long as I keep the cut surface covered, they stay fresh and yummy for at least a week, sometimes more.

ypierce82 Posted 17 Aug 2018 , 7:59pm
post #8 of 10

It super sucks! It is supposed to be a 2 tier cake, but then I didn't account for the chocolate chip cookie layer in the bottom tier, in the middle, and have not added supports because I didn't know if the cookie would break lol the cake is just for family, so they'll eat it even if it's been store a month. Thanks!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 17 Aug 2018 , 11:03pm
post #9 of 10

after the cookie sits in the cake it should soften but it would also depend on how thick the cookie is -- jab it with an ice pick or the other end of a food thermometer?? to make a hole them insert the dowel? or use the pointy end of bamboo skewers for your dowel -- that will work!

ypierce82 Posted 18 Aug 2018 , 12:33am
post #10 of 10

Didn't think about that, thank you. It's probably about 2 inches thick. I'll try it. *fingers crossed*

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%