Printing Logos On Fondant Discs For Cupcakes

Baking By meganfrick Updated 19 Sep 2018 , 6:00pm by icingimages

meganfrick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meganfrick Posted 15 Aug 2018 , 10:48pm
post #1 of 3

Hi!  I am looking to increase my sales in my home-based cupcake business.  After receiving the suggestion, I am thinking about doing logos on cupcakes and thought this would work the best.  I would like them to stand up in the frosting.  I would appreciate any and all advice!  Printer preferences?  Rice Paper Preferences?  Process you do to make these.  I am new to all this!   Can you make the discs ahead of time in bulk and then attach logos as you get orders?  If so, can you store the discs in the freezer or anything until you need them for orders?

2 replies
cakesmade4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesmade4u Posted 16 Aug 2018 , 4:33am
post #2 of 3

Hello- so with the logos you can stand them up or lay them flat on the cupcake, and yes you can make the discs out of fondant or half fondant half gumpaste, place them on food safe mats I like to use food cutting mats, and make how ever many that fit on the mat, then layer a mat with the next layer or a couple layers of mats and discs, you will place in a zip tight bag and into the freezer. Next use a edible printer you can use edible image sheets (icing sheets) for a brighter image or rice paper any will do as you will be gluing it to the disc of fondant print off the sheets you need start with 2 or 3 how ever many you will go through in  a couple of weeks, to start then go from there. If you need more or less, You can place images in a zip tight bag out of the fridge or freezer, or sunlight. And place a cardboard behind the image so they don't bend. I found the canon printers to be a great choice because you can remove ink housing for cleaning and clogs. Hope this helps-

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 19 Sep 2018 , 6:00pm
post #3 of 3

Icing Images now sells a double density wafer paper which may work well if you are standing up the image.  If you really want to get creative you can use your edible printer with an electronic cutter from Icing Images.  We sell two different brands, but you can print using the icing sheets and your edible printer, then lay your printed image on thin gumpaste and using the software from the electronic cutters, cut out the design on gumpaste!  Canon is still the best reliable edible printer on the market as well

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%