Fondant Decorations On A Whipped Cream Frosting?

Decorating By anonymous1 Updated 13 Aug 2018 , 9:08am by bubs1stbirthday

anonymous1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anonymous1 Posted 13 Aug 2018 , 12:21am
post #1 of 4

Hi, 

I wanted to know if I can put small fondant flowers on a cupcake that has stabilized whipped cream(with instant pudding mix)?I know that generally, you can  not cover a cake in fondant over whipped cream but for small decor on cupcakes, is that fine? What is the worse that will happen?

Should I refrigerate my cupcakes afterwards.

Thanks

3 replies
bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 13 Aug 2018 , 12:44am
post #2 of 4

No you can't sorry, the fondant will melt and the colours will run. What you could do though is use a barrier like melted chocolate to set your flowers on and then place that on the whipped cream so the fondant doesn't touch the cream.

Also keep in mind though that cream needs to be refrigerated and your fondant will sweat once you bring it out of the fridge, so if you want to avoid that as much as possible I would place the flowers on last thing after you bring it out of the fridge for serving :-) 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 13 Aug 2018 , 12:45am
post #3 of 4

The fondant might soften after being on the whipped cream for a while, from absorbed moisture.  I would wait until shortly before delivery to add the flowers to the cupcakes and they should be fine.

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 13 Aug 2018 , 9:08am
post #4 of 4

The fondant starts to run colour almost straight away when you put it on whipped cream.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%