How Do I Make These Images?

Decorating By coloradocache Updated 13 Aug 2018 , 12:38am by SandraSmiley

coloradocache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coloradocache Posted 11 Aug 2018 , 2:49pm
post #1 of 6

I love the look of this cake but I don't know how to make the images.  Are they printed and put on gumpaste or are they hand painted?  If they are printed, where do I have them printed and what are they printed on?  Thank you for your help!

x857mp1iu7baj2mxf1ru.webp

5 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 11 Aug 2018 , 3:20pm
post #2 of 6

https://www.cakecentral.com/forum/t/848073/hjow-do-i-make-these-images

Already responded to duplicate post.  The images in the picture are printed.  This is a painted image.How Do I Make These Images?

coloradocache Posted 11 Aug 2018 , 8:59pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you - that's amazing!

SandraSmiley Posted 11 Aug 2018 , 11:04pm
post #4 of 6

Thank you, ma'am.  If you want to paint the images, roll your fondant fairly thickly, about 1/8 inch, cut it out into the desired shape and let it dry for several days to a couple of weeks.  It will help to add Tylose to the fondant to help it dry more quickly.

coloradocache Posted 12 Aug 2018 , 6:55pm
post #5 of 6

I so appreciate the tips - do you use regular food coloring as your paint?  You are a true artist!!

SandraSmiley Posted 13 Aug 2018 , 12:38am
post #6 of 6

Thank you, sweet coloradocache!  What I have found that works best is mixing powdered colors with vodka or lemon extract.  You can use gel colors, but you should thin them down a bit with alcohol or they take an eternity to dry.  My best discovery was tiny, nail art brushes!  They make painting on small sugar pieces so much easier.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%