Help With Edible Icing Paper Placement And Time!

Decorating By minicoopermel Updated 9 Aug 2018 , 3:48pm by minicoopermel

minicoopermel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicoopermel Posted 8 Aug 2018 , 1:08pm
post #1 of 3

Hello! So I've been making cakes for about three years. I barely work with edible images and the ones I have done went on the top of the cake not the sides. 

My friends baker backed out on her three weeks ago so now I'm making her wedding cake. 

Two of the four tiers will have these edible wraps-- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078HKDMKZ?pf_rd_p=d1f45e03-8b73-4c9a-9beb-4819111bef9a&pf_rd_r=X2XW4C6HX7BCT2TP09F3 

They will be going on my buttercream recipe (half butter/ half shortening) 

I don't refrigerate my cakes either.

So.. If I frost the cakes Friday afternoon and place the wraps on the sides of the cake and the cake won't be cut until Saturday around 6pm will the colors run or be damaged?  

Should I frost and place the wraps Saturday morning?

Do I need water to make these stick or will it be fine just blending with the cake. 

Thank you!!!! 

2 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 9 Aug 2018 , 3:38pm
post #2 of 3

I am very sorry I cannot answer your question.  If it were me, however, I would wait as late as possible to apply the sheets to the cake.  If you use a crusting frosting, you will probably need to slightly moisten with water (misting?) to get the images to stick.

minicoopermel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicoopermel Posted 9 Aug 2018 , 3:48pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you thank you! 

I've decided to wait until Saturday morning to do the tiers with the icing sheets. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%