Holy Cannoli!

Baking By Jaime.Cakes Updated 7 Aug 2018 , 6:32pm by -K8memphis

Jaime.Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jaime.Cakes Posted 7 Aug 2018 , 3:20am
post #1 of 3

I want to make a cannoli cake that looks like a cannoli—crisp shell and all. So I had this idea to make a GIANT lace cookie on a pizza pan, and then while it is still pliable, wrap it around my chilled jelly roll cake to create a crispy shell.

Ya’ll think this work?  I don’t mind testing this theory using a foil covered foam roller, but I thought maybe, just MAYBE this is not an original idea and it has been done before...?

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Aug 2018 , 6:30pm
post #2 of 3

first of all the kind of lace cookies i make would not look like a cannoli -- but i think it could work -- it's just getting the proportions right that's gonna be the sticky wicket -- but you can always fill in with whipped cream & stuff on the ends-- that'd probably work -- and maybe like a fortune cookie batter for a true-er cannoli look than lace but i mean lace would be quite tasty

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Aug 2018 , 6:32pm
post #3 of 3

you'd basically have one shot at it -- and i'm concerned about the cold roll making the cannoli shell harden too quickly but if the roll is not cold it would be difficult to handle maybe -- if it was me i think i'd try it with at least the outside of the roll room temp

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%