Fondant Pearls

Baking By Cakesbybliss Updated 20 Jul 2018 , 7:18pm by SandraSmiley

Cakesbybliss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakesbybliss Posted 17 Jul 2018 , 11:09pm
post #1 of 4

Hello guys!!! So I’ve been having this issue; whenever I make fondant pearls using my pearl mold, it always breaks when I try to remove the fondant from the mold. I can’t see to even get 3 pearls out of the mold. I see people on YouTube making pearls as long as 15-20cm, I can’t even get mine to be as long as 5cm. Is this because my fondants too dry? 

Thank you!

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 17 Jul 2018 , 11:53pm
post #2 of 4

It sounds to me like you fondant is not soft enough.  Try adding a bit more shortening to it - but go easy, it's going to take some testing to see just how much will be the right amount.

ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 19 Jul 2018 , 3:42am
post #3 of 4

I have a Wilton pearl mold, and when I use it, I pop that sucker in the freezer for about a min. Comes out with no problem. 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 20 Jul 2018 , 7:18pm
post #4 of 4

i agree with both ladies, it sounds like your fondant needs more kneading and/or moisture.  You can also add a little glycerine to rejuvenate your fondant and gum paste.  I also have the Wilton mold and always put it in the freezer for just a few minutes.  I do the same with all my molds, regardless of the medium - gum paste, fondant, modeling chocolate - and it works a charm.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%