Cake Split

Business By tylynja Updated 25 Jun 2018 , 10:01pm by kakeladi

tylynja Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tylynja Posted 24 Jun 2018 , 12:56am
post #1 of 7

Dropped off a cake this morning and when transferring to her car I noticed the cake shifted during delivery. She said it was fine, I told her to shift the middle tier back in place when she got home. Well she got home and told me that when she was taking the cake out of the box the whole back side of the cake had split and it kind of smooshed in on itself.  I offered her cupcakes in exchange.  There’s no way I have time to re-make a three tiered cake with all of the decorations in detail that I had and I had already under charged her for the cake (my fault not hers). My question is should I refund some of the money that she paid me for the cake or should I make the cupcakes and leave it at that?

6 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 24 Jun 2018 , 3:20am
post #2 of 7

If I am understanding correctly, the cake had already shifted when the cake was delivered to the customer.  Even though she said it was fine, I feel that a partial refund is in order.  We they able to eat any of the cake?

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 24 Jun 2018 , 11:21pm
post #3 of 7

i would refund a lot -- probably all of it 

inthekitchen2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inthekitchen2 Posted 25 Jun 2018 , 1:39am
post #4 of 7

Cupcakes would not work for me had I ordered a special 3-tier cake for an occasion and that happened. Whether I could eat it or not, I certainly couldn't present it to anyone and use it for its intended purpose. It sucks that it happened, but I also agree to refund in full. 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 25 Jun 2018 , 3:16pm
post #5 of 7

yes and i'm really sorry that happened -- 

cai0311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cai0311 Posted 25 Jun 2018 , 7:43pm
post #6 of 7

I agree with the full refund suggestion. Cupcakes are not equal to a 3 tiered decorated cake. 

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 25 Jun 2018 , 10:01pm
post #7 of 7

I also agree with all the others on this.  It's hard to have to refund $$ but there are times when it just has to be done - and this is one of them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%