Cheap Cake Customers

Business By Craveacake Updated 25 Jun 2018 , 9:59pm by kakeladi

Craveacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Craveacake Posted 24 Jun 2018 , 12:13am
post #1 of 5

Hey guys this is more so a vent than a question. I actually had a customer tell me my price was insane so I told him politely that use quality ingredients and spend a lot of time and detail on every order. Then he had the nerve to tell me he was basically paying for labor. Duh?!?!  When you go to the car repair shop do you bring the parts and they fix your car for free? Every where you patron you pay for labor. I understand that everyone has a budget but don’t ask me to lower my prices because of your budget!

4 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 24 Jun 2018 , 3:25am
post #2 of 5

What a rude man!  I sincerely hope you stuck to your guns and told him that if he didn't like your price, he could go to Walmart.

WYBee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WYBee Posted 24 Jun 2018 , 4:14am
post #3 of 5

That is very rude. Your prices are what you make them. If someone doesn't want to pay your prices they don't need a cake from you. I think some people forget that a custom made cake is a luxury and as is going to come with a price tag that reflects that. Not to mention it takes a lot of time and effort to make a good cake.

cakefan92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefan92 Posted 25 Jun 2018 , 9:05pm
post #4 of 5

Some people think they HAVE to have the over-the-top cake for their event to be any kind of success.  I once worked with a gentleman who said that people will pay any amount for something they want, and gripe about the price (no matter how low) for something they need...or think they need.  That applies to cake more than anything else, I think.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 25 Jun 2018 , 9:59pm
post #5 of 5

I think most - if not all - of us have had to deal with a similar customer.  Yes, it is hard to take and yes it will happen again.  We have to grow a 'duck's back' and let things like this roll off. 

BTW:  I can't afford my own cake prices! ")

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%