When Thin Ribbon Is Wrapped Several Times On A Wedding Cake

Decorating By inthekitchen2 Updated 23 Jun 2018 , 11:50pm by gscout73

inthekitchen2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inthekitchen2 Posted 22 Jun 2018 , 4:59pm
post #1 of 7

What happens when the couple cuts into the cake? Does the knife cut through it? Does it yank it off the rest of the cake? Just curious, as I never had one and I don't know if I should mention this in a cake order. Thanks.

6 replies
cai0311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cai0311 Posted 22 Jun 2018 , 9:39pm
post #2 of 7

I have made one of these cakes. The ribbon is one long piece so it needs to be removed before they cut the cake. But being one long piece makes it easy to remove.

inthekitchen2 Posted 23 Jun 2018 , 3:18pm
post #3 of 7

That makes sense. But, I guess I think it would look bad for the couple's cutting pictures, like when they are cutting the first piece to feed to each other? Is that the only option, to remove the ribbon?

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 23 Jun 2018 , 4:04pm
post #4 of 7

I've made one and also removed the ribbon prior to cutting.  Is there no part of the cake, maybe another tier, which doesn't have the ribbon?  If not, I guess they could just cut a small plug above the ribbon.  No, you cannot cut through it with a knife without damaging the cake.

inthekitchen2 Posted 23 Jun 2018 , 4:41pm
post #5 of 7

All 3 tiers have the ribbon. That makes sense of them cutting out a little nook of the cake though, good advice! They don't need a full piece, I didn't think of that, thanks @sandrasmiley!

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 23 Jun 2018 , 5:40pm
post #6 of 7

You are very welcome, inthekitchen2!  You cake sounds lovely.  Don't forget to post pics!

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 23 Jun 2018 , 11:50pm
post #7 of 7

How about this, as you are wrapping around the cake, in the back cut the ribbon, and restart wrapping until you get to the back in the same location. Cut the ribbon, then restart and continue wrapping.   This creates an inconspicuous secret location where the cut can be made without having to remove the ribbon.  Then after photos, remove the ribbon tho cut the cake for serving.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%