Air Bubbles In Batter

Baking By MamaGeese Updated 21 Jun 2018 , 2:17am by MamaGeese

MamaGeese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaGeese Posted 20 Jun 2018 , 3:22pm
post #1 of 6

Ok I'm about to give up, has anyone ever tried running the cake batter through a strainer into cake pan? Seems like I heard that before. There is no reason why we have to keep fighting these air holes....

5 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 20 Jun 2018 , 5:18pm
post #2 of 6

I don't have any idea what is causing the bubbles.  I never seem to have the problem.  Could it be an altitude issue?

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 20 Jun 2018 , 6:33pm
post #3 of 6

running through a strainer should work -- get a large one so you don't go crazy

MamaGeese Posted 20 Jun 2018 , 8:34pm
post #4 of 6

No not an altitude issue. The only time I don't get bubbles is if I use the two stage mixing method with a scratch cake recipe. 

I just want to know why some of us are driven crazy by the air holes and some people don't get them at all...  I can't stand the mystery !

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 21 Jun 2018 , 1:43am
post #5 of 6

Well, you may have answered why I am not bothered with them.  I mix all of my cakes the same, cream the butter and/or shortening with the sugar until it is light an fluffy, then added the dry ingredients and liquids alternately until everything is mixed.  Just habit, I guess.

MamaGeese Posted 21 Jun 2018 , 2:17am
post #6 of 6

Have you ever tried the 2 stage method from Cake Bible? I don't like her recipes, but when I do a regular yellow cake and mix it that way, the finished cake is beautiful, the tightest crumb, but very tender, but in this heat in GA I have trouble keeping my butter cool enough , if it gets the least bit too warm, it throws the whole thing off. I usually do creaming method. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%