I Need A New Recipe And I'm Tired Of Finding Fails

Baking By HudaM Updated 18 Jun 2018 , 8:06pm by Debbieshobby

HudaM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HudaM Posted 18 Jun 2018 , 7:09am
post #1 of 3

So I know this is kind of weird for me to ask because I am a graduate of Baking, but ive tried the yellow recipes provided by my school and they suck to say the least. A lot of them actually help you to create something like a mousse cake with multiple elements and all elegant. but my dream was only to start my own business as a cake maker locally. All the recipes, I've tried for yellow cake result in a dense crumb, maybe I'm looking for a different style of cake actually. I want a sponge cake but I want to stick with one recipe, I know that sponge cakes generally can't stand weight on top (as in a teir cake) so ive always looked for yellow cake recipes. My only semi-successful recipe was laura vitale's yellow cake. Although I hate using measuring cups, I gave it a go because it was my only option (ive tried a few of her recipes and they seem to work). Its like pound cake. but i want something more moist and soft. Someone please help me, someone give me vanilla cake recipe that is soft and moist, I don't want another disappointment. Please give me tried and tested recipes, please make sure they are in grams not in cups. kissing_closed_eyes 

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 18 Jun 2018 , 2:02pm
post #2 of 3

I got cup recipes -- if you wanna convert them

Debbieshobby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbieshobby Posted 18 Jun 2018 , 8:06pm
post #3 of 3

I am UK based and make cake from scratch. I don’t use cake mixes. I use a standard Victoria sandwich mix that has ratios of  50g self raising flour, sugar and butter to one large egg. I have found it to be a lovely light, moist cake. I have no issues with it being stacked in tiers etc 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%