Pastillage On Cake

Baking By Omagoodness Updated 16 Jun 2018 , 8:59pm by -K8memphis

Omagoodness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Omagoodness Posted 16 Jun 2018 , 8:49pm
post #1 of 2

I have a wheelbarrow made from gelatin based pastillage. I have a cake that has been torted with buttercream and is iced with buttercream, currently frozen in my freezer. The cake has been cut and shaped to fit inside the wheelbarrow and then will be topped with sugar paste, stemmed flowers.  the function for this cake is at 7pm, a week from now. I will have to assemble my elements about 4 hours, or more prior to the function. Here’s my dilemma, 

a) do I put the whole thing in the fridge when it is done?, b) will the pastillage get soggy in the fridge and/ or will the buttercream make the pastillage soggy if I leave it out at room temperature?  Would it help to line the wheelbarrow with plastic wrap?  

Any advice on how to manage this?

1 reply
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 16 Jun 2018 , 8:59pm
post #2 of 2

i would have the cake on it's own board that won't touch any of the pastillage -- yes line it is a good idea -- no don't fridge it -- i think the most important thing is to have a back up plan -- pastillage can be fickle -- is the weight of the cake sitting on the pastillage -- does it have wheels -- pastillge is not known for it's strength

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%