Friday Night Cake Club For 6/07/18

Decorating By kstevens Updated 11 Jun 2018 , 1:21pm by Rachel_n_VA

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 8 Jun 2018 , 11:42pm
post #1 of 11

Opening up another session of FNCC!  Everyone is welcome to share what they have been up to this week, post photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if you are able to.

I made a giant Smores cake for today but have yet to get the pictures downloaded off my camera.  Once I do, I'll post it.  It was for a friend's daughter who is having a backyard slumber camping birthday party.  I made a camping theme cake for her a couple years ago so didn't want to repeat the tent idea.  A giant Smores is what I came up with.

10 replies
WYBee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WYBee Posted 9 Jun 2018 , 10:43pm
post #2 of 11

My cake for today. I'm working on another for tomorrow. The small pots are cake layered with mousse with a troll doll inside as "mandrakes". The larger mandrake is made from modeling chocolate and is in a chocolate cake "pot".

kstevens Posted 10 Jun 2018 , 7:16pm
post #3 of 11

kstevens Posted 10 Jun 2018 , 7:18pm
post #4 of 11

The graham crackers are 10" square made following Yolanda Gampp's

kstevens Posted 10 Jun 2018 , 7:30pm
post #5 of 11

Ugghhh! Not sure what I hit that my post went up before I was done.  Anyhow, the graham cracker cookies were made following Yolanda Gampp's recipe.  The marshmallow is a vanilla bean cake with homemade marshmallow fluff that I toatsed with my kitchen torch. The chocolate bit is ganache.

This morning I finished a birthday cake for my boyfriend.  He is a big Star Wars fan and with the new Solo movie being out I came up with what I thought was a cute idea, a Hans Solo Cup cake.  It suits him as when we first met he used primarily Solo cups to drink from as he didn't have to wash them but could just pitch them in the recycle bag when he was done with them. Lol  He got a chuckle out of the cake.  Hope you all like it too.

kstevens Posted 10 Jun 2018 , 7:32pm
post #6 of 11

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 10 Jun 2018 , 7:36pm
post #7 of 11

That Solo cup cake is genius!!!

sweettherapy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettherapy Posted 10 Jun 2018 , 8:10pm
post #8 of 11

Such great work everyone!!!!!Friday Night Cake Club For 6/07/18

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 10 Jun 2018 , 9:20pm
post #9 of 11

Will never look at a solo cup with out thinking of Hans Solo now. My son would love the s’mores cake. 

@WYBee cute cakes.

@sweettherapy love the flamingos. 

I did naked cupcakes this week so no picture. Next week I have a first birthday cake to make.

WYBee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WYBee Posted 10 Jun 2018 , 11:54pm
post #10 of 11

All the cakes look great. Of course I adore the Solo cup cake. It is such a cute idea and so well done!

Rachel_n_VA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachel_n_VA Posted 11 Jun 2018 , 1:21pm
post #11 of 11

These are fantastic!  My daughter wants to host a Harry Potter party later this summer.  Those mandrake cakes are perfect!  Han Solo Cup made me giggle.

Here's my second-ever fondant cake for my daughters' graduation.  The bottom book (vanilla) represents their high school, the next two (chocolate and carrot) are the schools they'll attend next year.  I see things I wish I'd done differently, but overall was pleased with the outcome.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%