Storing Ingredients In Your Own Kitchen As A Personal Chef Legal?

Business By Arsen123 Updated 5 Jun 2018 , 1:10pm by KitchenSix

Arsen123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Arsen123 Posted 5 Jun 2018 , 3:27am
post #1 of 3

Hey! So I have been thinking about becoming a personal chef. Would it be legal for me to buy often used ingredients like chicken in bulk, freeze them in my own freezer at home and use them when needed? Or do I have to go to the grocery store each and every time someone wants chicken and buy a new container? If so what do I do if I have left over chicken that I didn’t use since most come in packages with multiple servings?

2 replies
KitchenSix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenSix Posted 5 Jun 2018 , 1:09pm
post #2 of 3

The best thing to do with any legal wuestion is to find out the laws of your state, search what numbers or emails you need for any contact, and go from there.  The laws will vary from stare to state.  In my state, for example, it is illegal to be a personal chef from home, if that’s what you’re talking about doing.  

Your state’s food cottage law would be a good place to start.

KitchenSix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenSix Posted 5 Jun 2018 , 1:10pm
post #3 of 3

The best thing to do with any legal wuestion is to find out the laws of your state, search what numbers or emails you need for any contact, and go from there.  The laws will vary from stare to state.  In my state, for example, it is illegal to be a personal chef from home, if that’s what you’re talking about doing.  

Your state’s food cottage law would be a good place to start.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%