Friday Night Cake Club For 6/01/18

Decorating By kstevens Updated 5 Jun 2018 , 8:17pm by WYBee

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 1 Jun 2018 , 9:59pm
post #1 of 15

Opening up another session of FNCC!  Everyone is welcome to share what they have been up to this week, post photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if you are able to.

Happy first day of June!  How is that even possible??  I feel like I blink and another month is gone.  I am working on a birthday cake this evening that will be delivered tomorrow morning.  It's the first time I've done the assembly one night and the decorating the next.  I was a little, well a lot, panicked about this one and knew there was no way I could do it all in one evening.  Fingers crossed it ends up looking like it's supposed to!  I'll post pics once I have it done.  Looking forward to seeing what everyone else has been up to ☺

Kelly

14 replies
KitchenSix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenSix Posted 2 Jun 2018 , 12:07am
post #2 of 15

Oh my goodness it’s the first! I’ve been signing documents as the second

louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 2 Jun 2018 , 7:05am
post #3 of 15

A retirement cake for one of my colleagues who is rather keen on Bombay sapphire gin. 

KitchenSix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenSix Posted 2 Jun 2018 , 12:13pm
post #4 of 15

Oh no! My post got cut off again!!! Has this been happening to anyone else!?  I typed up 3 more paragraphs after that first statement!

sweettherapy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettherapy Posted 2 Jun 2018 , 2:54pm
post #5 of 15

My pictures keep showing up sideways, not sure what that is about, I just made some cake pops, super cute bombay cake!Friday Night Cake Club For 6/01/18

FlRugbyChick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlRugbyChick Posted 3 Jun 2018 , 4:49am
post #6 of 15

This weeks cake.

Crystal72384 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crystal72384 Posted 3 Jun 2018 , 12:20pm
post #7 of 15

I made my husband a giant donut cake for his birthday. It was lemon cake with a lemon cream cheese buttercream. Friday Night Cake Club For 6/01/18

kstevens Posted 4 Jun 2018 , 2:21pm
post #8 of 15

@louglou great job on the gin bottle!

@KitchenSix sorry you are having troubles with your posts.  Unfortunately Cake Central is a temperamental beast. Lol

@sweettherapy yourvcakd pops are super cute!

@FIRugbyChick your photo doesn't seem to have loaded.  Maybe try again?

@Crystal72384 your donut cake looks perfect and sounds delish!

I finished the birthday cake Friday night and got it delivered Sat morning.  This was my forth year making Jenna's birthday cake and I never realky know what to expect as the request from year to year.  This year she asked for a bernese mountain dog cake and I have to say I thought I was in over my head.  I let them know in advance that I don't have the skills to make a realistic dog but I could do something close.  They were happy with that and so I did as best as I could.  I was pretty happy with the end result as were they when I delivered it☺

kstevens Posted 4 Jun 2018 , 2:22pm
post #9 of 15

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 4 Jun 2018 , 5:59pm
post #10 of 15

I made a Wheel of Fortune Slot machine cake for my brother's birthday and then had to transport the thing (17" tall) 45 miles across Long Island!  Hard to say which part was more nerve-wracking! But it arrived in one piece !  It was very challenging but fun!   And it was only for 10 of us but I like to go big!

sweettherapy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettherapy Posted 5 Jun 2018 , 12:30am
post #11 of 15

Anyone know why pictures end up sideways? @kstevens- that dog is amazing!!!

everyones cakes are awesome :)

shdvl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shdvl Posted 5 Jun 2018 , 5:40am
post #12 of 15

@Kstevens I love that cake.

This weekend My Aunt and Uncle renewed their wedding vows on their 50th anniversary. Due to this my daughter was in town and we had a late celebration for her birthday. She is my valentine  baby born just a week before the holiday. Since she's a chocoholic I normally make some sort of chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. I found some rose jam locally at our farmer's market and decided I was going to do a play on her middle name. The cake was WASC recipe made with BC French Vanilla cake mix. I made Italian buttercream frosting then took a cup to two cups of it and added the rose jam to it to make a filling. After frosting I played with gum paste since its a new medium for me. I made several purple and teal roses colors she choose. I served it last night to a group of friends. I forgot to get photos until it was cut :(. I thought the cake to be too sweet but everyone else loved it.

WYBee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WYBee Posted 5 Jun 2018 , 4:41pm
post #13 of 15

Graduation cake for a friend's daughter.

Friday Night Cake Club For 6/01/18Friday Night Cake Club For 6/01/18

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 5 Jun 2018 , 7:09pm
post #14 of 15

I love all the work -- I especially love the graduation cake -- they can be so unelegant -- but yours is quite lovely

WYBee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WYBee Posted 5 Jun 2018 , 8:17pm
post #15 of 15

Thank you so much! I really learned a lot on it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%