Tasting Party....

Business By Keke_ Updated 30 May 2018 , 2:54pm by -K8memphis

Keke_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Keke_ Posted 30 May 2018 , 2:01pm
post #1 of 2

Hi! I'm tweaking recipies and thought what better way to get feed back than to have a tasting party!?! Should I serve water, milk,wine??? I was also thinking of providing little feedback cards as they taste. Should I do a mock cake to display my decorating? I'm relatively new to the business side of things so any advice would be helpful.

1 reply
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 30 May 2018 , 2:54pm
post #2 of 2

me, I would test recipes with trusted family and friends --

I would not ask potential clients for their opinions on my recipes because I don't care what they think -- not in a mean way but they just choose ( i think that's the right spelling) someone else if they like their stuff better or don't like mine -- I wouldn't change for a random person's opinion -- because I know my line up is great -- and there are properties to tier cakes that the average individual does not factor in --

like how does it hold, cut and serve -- huge factors -- if a cake gets all gummy on the knife -- even though the knife is cleaned after each cut-- and wastes a bunch of servings -- no es bueno -- if a cake stales out in a half hour with a dry edge if left out on the cake table -- no es bueno --

but if you just want to do a tasting that's different -- you might get opinions but I don't think that should be your point -- just my thoughts -- i'm sure others would differ -- but you should start your business sure of yourself or at least sucking it up if you're not blush

best to you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%