Wedding Cake Stand

Decorating By juljenki Updated 27 May 2018 , 12:17am by juljenki

juljenki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juljenki Posted 25 May 2018 , 3:54pm
post #1 of 22

I’m baking a wedding cake 10” 8”  & 6” they will be Torted.I plan on putting them on a 12” x 9” high glass cake stand. Will I have any problems or issues with the cake being on this stand? 

21 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 25 May 2018 , 4:06pm
post #2 of 22

seems a little tall tipsy dwindly oopsy -- the stand will in essence add two tiers under there -- because it is nine inches tall right? so idk you just gotta feel it out -- if the cake table is bumped or the floor is bouncy or the table is wobbly -- down it's gonna go --

we had one cake table that was placed in the middle of a roundabout through the venue where traffic flowed around it in all four directions -- hehehe -- and the floor was bouncy -- it was a real nail biter that the cake would not get thwapped by a passing elbow or get jiggled off into the floor -- this would be a death wish for the cake you describe

all you gotta do now is tell me it's an outdoor wedding -- yikes--

ok how big is the piece that touches the table? that 's the big deal here -- and you could always extend that too to make it secure -- if you think it will hold the weight in the first place --

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 25 May 2018 , 5:07pm
post #3 of 22

Here's one I did yrs ago.  I never heard back from the couple so I figure 'all went well'.  https://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/1319029/blue-hydrangea   I don't remember now if the couple provided the vase or not. 

juljenki Posted 25 May 2018 , 5:41pm
post #4 of 22

Thanks my stand looks a bit more sturdy than the one you used. Will just have to go for it and maybe make one before just to be sure

juljenki Posted 25 May 2018 , 5:44pm
post #5 of 22

I have two cakes in my freezer so will make another layer and see how it holds up. Thanks again for your replies 

me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 25 May 2018 , 9:41pm
post #6 of 22

These two are both sitting on the same glass stand....  have never had a problem with this guy   :)

Wedding Cake StandWedding Cake Stand

me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 25 May 2018 , 9:42pm
post #7 of 22

I think your stand might be a bit taller though? Have you got a pic of it??

juljenki Posted 25 May 2018 , 10:42pm
post #8 of 22

Mine is 9” tall don’t know how to post picture 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 25 May 2018 , 11:01pm
post #9 of 22

kakeladi, you stand was beautiful, but it would have scared the pants of me using it!

juljenki Posted 25 May 2018 , 11:20pm
post #10 of 22

My stand has a wider base and the stand itself is very very heavy so I’m thinking

juljenki Posted 25 May 2018 , 11:20pm
post #11 of 22

My stand has a wider base and the stand itself is very very heavy so I’m thinking

juljenki Posted 25 May 2018 , 11:24pm
post #12 of 22

Not sure why all my reply didn’t post? Anyway stand is very heavy and the base is much wider do I think it will work??

-K8memphis Posted 26 May 2018 , 12:00am
post #13 of 22

probably  be fine -- but take an extra cake board to be safe

-K8memphis Posted 26 May 2018 , 12:01am
post #14 of 22

cake drum i mean

juljenki Posted 26 May 2018 , 1:22am
post #15 of 22

I’ve written two replies and both disappeared. My cake stand is a Mosser white stand measured 12” across and 9” high. The base is 6 1/2 “ across so pretty sturdy weighs in at almost 6 lbs. If the cake is doweled well I’m hoping it will hold up. Will be assembling at venue. Will be sitting on a table inside a gazebo so people won’t be walking by or touching. Thanks for all your concerns and help

TruCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TruCake Posted 26 May 2018 , 2:43am
post #16 of 22

kakeladi.....I guess the cake will be outside??  That just seems really high for a cake that will be 15'' or so high already.  I am with SandraSmiley I would be scared and doing a lot of prayers prior and during with your beautiful cake stand kakeladi.

juljenki, I would love to see the cake stand and the cake when you get it all set up.  I am thinking I would still want the stand shorter, wider and the base wider.  Sounds cool and am sure it will look great!

juljenki Posted 26 May 2018 , 4:49am
post #17 of 22

The cake will be inside in the gazebo. I have been looking online at cakes the size I want to do and very many of them are on high pedestal cake stands. Is it the cake itself you fear falling over or the cake stand not being able to stay steady and that it would fall over ?? Don’t you think with a base on the cake stand being almost 7” wide that it would be quite steady?? 

-K8memphis Posted 26 May 2018 , 12:12pm
post #18 of 22

yes it will be quite steady but the floor and the table are variables

TruCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TruCake Posted 26 May 2018 , 12:25pm
post #19 of 22

I would put same weight on your cake stand and just think of all the what it's just to cover based.  On line you ca. See lots of pics doesn't always mean they are real cakes and weight of your cake..

Please don't let me discourage you. I am sure it will be fine and you have a well thought out plan.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 May 2018 , 9:44pm
post #20 of 22

juljanki it sounds like you have a very good 'stand' and it should hold up just fine.  

What I used was not a 'stand' = it was a heavy glass vase.  Since I would have put a hefty deposit on  for return and didn't get it back - never heard anything from bride or family - the bride must have provided it - it's been so many yrs ago now I don't remember details.   Cake was displayed on a table against a wall at the front of the room. 

juljenki Posted 27 May 2018 , 12:17am
post #21 of 22

Thanks for all your concerns and offers of help. I really think it will work if I think it’s getting too tall I’ll try to eliminate a layer but I think it’s going to be ok. I’m going to experiment before hand. Thanks again

juljenki Posted 27 May 2018 , 12:17am
post #22 of 22

Thanks for all your concerns and offers of help. I really think it will work if I think it’s getting too tall I’ll try to eliminate a layer but I think it’s going to be ok. I’m going to experiment before hand. Thanks again

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%