How To Do This??

Decorating By Minileo Updated 25 May 2018 , 12:51am by Minileo

Minileo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Minileo Posted 24 May 2018 , 3:36am
post #1 of 4

Hello lovely bakers, 

I am suppose to make this cake and I am skeptical about the Selected part (thick pillar and top of the carousel)  in the cake?. Also what can I use for the base (light green with flowers around) of the pillar? Any advice is welcome. thanks in advance!

How To Do This??

3 replies
KitchenSix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenSix Posted 24 May 2018 , 11:34am
post #2 of 4

Will you be using fondant to cover this cake? Or modeling chocolate?  Either way, that is what you’ll use to make the base, flowers, and most other decorative elements.

As for the pillar, there are a couple different ways you can do that.  The first would be 2 pieces of styrofoam covered in your fondant or chocolate, and secured using either edible glue, royal icing, or even melted chocolate.

For an all edible piece, you’d do the same thing, but using rice crispies, modeling chocolate, or even cake pop dough.  

Also, when doing the cone part, I’d build it up on a cake board and then attach it to your cylinder.  I’d also make sure that there was a scewer or 2 coming out of the cylinder to attach it to the cake, and you’ll still wanna put some of your ‘glue’ down to adhere it to the cake.  If able, I might would also use a scewer to help secure the cone to the cylinder.

I hope that made sense! Good luck!

KitchenSix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenSix Posted 24 May 2018 , 11:35am
post #3 of 4

Also, I’d treat the pillar as a second tier, and stack accordingly.  So actually, that might be better than attaching with scewers, and then you could run a center dowel through it if you wanted.

Minileo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Minileo Posted 25 May 2018 , 12:51am
post #4 of 4

Thank you so much KitchenSix for all your suggestion. I will keep them in my mind while doing this cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%