Marble Cake: Yellow Or White?

Baking By kenzers624 Updated 20 May 2018 , 10:10pm by kakeladi

kenzers624 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kenzers624 Posted 19 May 2018 , 1:10am
post #1 of 4

The bride I am making a wedding cake for wants her flavor to be marble. Should I use a traditional yellow cake or go for the white cake? Also, does anyone have/know of a good marble wedding cake recipe? Thank you! 

3 replies
KitchenSix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenSix Posted 19 May 2018 , 1:18am
post #2 of 4

I would do a white and chocolate marble for a wedding.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 19 May 2018 , 1:36am
post #3 of 4

I would ask the bride if she has a preference.  When I make a marble cake, I just make up a recipe of chocolate and one of vanilla, some as always and marble the two together in the pans.  No special recipe.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 20 May 2018 , 10:10pm
post #4 of 4

To me a choco marbled cake is yellow and choco but there is no hard and fast rule.  It could be white.  When I make a fruit marble (cherry or say strawberry) I'd use white cake.    I'd probably ask the customer if they have an idea of what they want.  Here is a great recipe for wedding cakes.   https://www.cakecentral.com/recipe/7445/the-original-wasc-cake-recipe   When making a marbled cake, I'd  save out about 1/4 to 1/3rd of the batter and add cocoa powder to it for the choco marbling part.  If it's a fruit marble I'd just use a high quality jam and marble that through the white batter.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%