Football Pan??

Baking By craftycakes0627 Updated 19 May 2018 , 2:09am by craftycakes0627

craftycakes0627 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftycakes0627 Posted 18 May 2018 , 7:12pm
post #1 of 3

Anyone here have any tips for the wilton football pan?  I have baked (an ruined) 2 cakes now using it.  I'm using a standard vanilla cake recipe (but I do use buttermilk instead of water or reg milk for my liquid).  The first cake stuck so badly to the pan that it was not salvageable.  The 2nd cake collapsed in the middle so now I have a a giant bowl.   I just don't understand what I am doing wrong here.  I've baked this recipe 100 times - no problems...  Shaped pan - disaster!  thanks all!

2 replies
whatthedogate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whatthedogate Posted 19 May 2018 , 12:04am
post #2 of 3

Are you greasing and flouring it?  Try cutting up strips of parchment and then grease and line the pan with those.

craftycakes0627 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftycakes0627 Posted 19 May 2018 , 2:09am
post #3 of 3

Yes.  Sadly.  I always grease and flour and the second time I added Parchment paper.  :(  I am wondering it its just the humidity where I live.  Its been extremely high lately.  The cake is not even rising correctly (no crown in the middle) when it bakes...  I triple checked my ingredients as well....  I gave up.  I am going to bed.  Tomorrow morning, I will try one more time.  If that fails, I will just carve a cake even though I was hoping to avoid that.  Thank you for the suggestions though.  At least I know I am thinking along the same lines as other bakers.  :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%