Urgent Help Needed For Cookies Packaging!!

Business By Muffinsbymoonlight Updated 18 May 2018 , 12:41pm by KitchenSix

Muffinsbymoonlight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Muffinsbymoonlight Posted 18 May 2018 , 6:48am
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone, my family across the country has been talking me up too much and now I have a customer asking me to ship 4 dozen chocolate chip cookies. I have never been asked to ship my goods before So i dont have the proper containers to do so nor the time to order them as I need to have this order in the mail by Saturday night.  I have heard of people using old pringles tubes, decorating them and using them to package cookies. Would that be too tacky?  I thought having the cookies stacked and closely confined would help prevent breaking while the tube also helps to keep the cookies fresh. I would then bubble wrap each tube before placing in the shipping box. Does that sound like adequate protection? 

2 replies
KitchenSix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenSix Posted 18 May 2018 , 12:40pm
post #2 of 3

If that’s what you need to do, I say go for it.  But I’d personally package it in the post office with a priority box.

That being said, if this is a paid order, I’d check with your state’s laws to make sure you can do this.  In my state, it’s just recently been made legal to ship baked goods, but only in the same state.  Dumb, but it’s the law

KitchenSix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenSix Posted 18 May 2018 , 12:41pm
post #3 of 3

If that’s what you need to do, I say go for it.  But I’d personally package it in the post office with a priority box.

That being said, if this is a paid order, I’d check with your state’s laws to make sure you can do this.  In my state, it’s just recently been made legal to ship baked goods, but only in the same state.  Dumb, but it’s the law

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%