Need Help Asap!!!!!!!

Baking By MamaKimCakes Updated 13 May 2018 , 9:33pm by kakeladi

MamaKimCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaKimCakes Posted 9 May 2018 , 3:53pm
post #1 of 4

I’m making the WASC cake for the first time and had two 8” cakes in oven, pans sprayed and wrapped with damp Wilton bake even strips and they cooked with a ring separating edge of cake with center!!!! What went wrong??? I’m afraid if I take this out it will all just break!!Need Help Asap!!!!!!!

3 replies
cakefan92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefan92 Posted 9 May 2018 , 7:43pm
post #2 of 4

Very frustrating, I know. I've used WASC quite often and never had any problem with it. You don't say what temp you had the oven, but it looks like that was definitely part of the problem. I don't use the bake-even strips either so I can't speak to those, but I'm betting it was the temp.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 10 May 2018 , 11:37pm
post #3 of 4

I've never seen anything like this!  I use WASC all the time, with and without the baking strips and never had anything like this happen.  It does take considerably longer for the cake to bake when using the strips.   Hopefully kakeladi  or -K8memphis can answer your question.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 13 May 2018 , 9:33pm
post #4 of 4

Sorry I'm just now finding this post.  I don't think I have ever seen anything like that before either.  What brand cake mix did you use?  Are you *sure* you followed the recipe exactly?  What temp did you bake at?  Really need much more information.  As I think on tis more......Im wondering if you  somehow took the cake out while it was still in need of baking - long before it was done - did you drop it right out of the oven - are you sure your oven is right on temp?  Maybe, if it's an electric over one of you elements is burned out.  Just some very quick thought pulsing through my head as I type!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%