Friday Night Cake Club For 4/27/18

Decorating By kstevens Updated 2 May 2018 , 11:53am by louglou

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 27 Apr 2018 , 10:28pm
post #1 of 15

Opening up another session of FNCC!  Everyone is welcome to share what they have been up to this week, post photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if you are able to.

Happy Friday!  I hope everyone had a great week!  No cakes for me this week but I will be starting some details for one that I'm doing next week as well as some figures for one that I have in a couple weeks.  I may also try a practice round for Mother's Day so I know what I'm doing when that comes around.

Looking forward to seeing what you all did this week. ☺

Kelly

14 replies
GIGGLEBOX2014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GIGGLEBOX2014 Posted 27 Apr 2018 , 11:09pm
post #2 of 15

B.E.Sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
B.E.Sweetcakes Posted 28 Apr 2018 , 4:02am
post #3 of 15

My only cake this weekend. Ballet themed baby shower cake. The shoes ended up being a little bigger than I thought but I hope it looks ok. 

GIGGLEBOX2014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GIGGLEBOX2014 Posted 28 Apr 2018 , 4:11am
post #4 of 15

This was my only cake this week, which is a Pregger Belly cake for coworker's shower tomorrow. My very first attempt so I think turned out well! Next time I will decorate  tatas differently. 

shellbell181 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shellbell181 Posted 28 Apr 2018 , 8:45am
post #5 of 15

Both the cakes have the most perfect buttercream swirls!! Well done u guys!!! For me this week I made a c for a very grown up young girl who loves music and her purple stereo is her favourite thing in the world!! She's also a bit of a tomboy so didn't want it all girly!! I made 50 matching cupcake as well! I really struggled on the design of this cake and I'm still not 100% happy with it but I feel I did the best I could!

Friday Night Cake Club For 4/27/18Friday Night Cake Club For 4/27/18Friday Night Cake Club For 4/27/18

sweettherapy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettherapy Posted 28 Apr 2018 , 4:59pm
post #6 of 15

Beautiful cakes everyone!!!! I did one for the boyfriend despite the fact we are fighting, haha!!!Friday Night Cake Club For 4/27/18

louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 28 Apr 2018 , 10:34pm
post #7 of 15

Lovely cakes everyone. 

I’ve just finished this one which was fun to make. 

B.E.Sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
B.E.Sweetcakes Posted 28 Apr 2018 , 11:45pm
post #8 of 15

Love everyone’s cakes! Especially the Yoda topper! 

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 29 Apr 2018 , 9:41pm
post #9 of 15

No cake for me this week.

@GIGGLEBOX2014 lovely belly, I'm sure the mother to be loved it!

@B.E.Sweetcakes your cake is adorable. 

@shellbell181 I love the design of your cake, it is so pretty and fun! 

@Sweettherapy Lovely Yoda cake. I realy like the stars/galaxy effect you've made on your cake.

@louglou your cake is so bright and fun! I love the black outlining on your science fondant accent. It makes your cake almost cartoonish!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 Apr 2018 , 8:03pm
post #10 of 15

As usual the work here is super!  I especially like the music note one and the  Yoda topper is very well done.

kstevens Posted 30 Apr 2018 , 11:21pm
post #11 of 15

Great work everyone!

@GIGGLEBOX2014 great piping on the belly cake.

@B.E.Sweetcakes your cake is very cute!

@shellbell181 your music cake turned out great!

@sweettherapy your Yoda turned out really well. I'm sure your boyfriend must have loved it.

@louglou  I think your cake is my favorite this week!  No offense anyone else, it just appeals to my chemist self.

kstevens Posted 30 Apr 2018 , 11:21pm
post #12 of 15

Great work everyone!

@GIGGLEBOX2014 great piping on the belly cake.

@B.E.Sweetcakes your cake is very cute!

@shellbell181 your music cake turned out great!

@sweettherapy your Yoda turned out really well. I'm sure your boyfriend must have loved it.

@louglou  I think your cake is my favorite this week!  No offense anyone else, it just appeals to my chemist self.

me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 2 May 2018 , 2:44am
post #13 of 15

Just one for me last week - a special client's order for her sister's birthday. The birthday falls around the same time of year as my own birthday and my partner and I usually disappear for a week for our birthdays so this client decided to shift their celebration forward a month just so they could order a cake from me - how lovely is that?!?

The request was for a mash-up of Harry Potter and Land of Birthdays so there are lots of elements, a lot of which you can't see in this pic as they are on the sides and back as well as the front   :)

me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 2 May 2018 , 2:45am
post #14 of 15

PS - adore the Yoda topper and love the clean lines in the chemistry cake!

louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 2 May 2018 , 11:53am
post #15 of 15

Thanks @kstevens. I have a chemistry background too so this was a lot of fun to make. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%