Transporting Long Distance

Baking By av2016 Updated 23 Apr 2018 , 12:54pm by SandraSmiley

av2016 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
av2016 Posted 23 Apr 2018 , 5:25am
post #1 of 3

Hi! I have to make a wedding cake in a couple of weeks that will be carrot with a buttercream. The wedding is 5 hours from my house and as I am pretty new at this, I'm not sure how I should play this out. Will the cake survive the 5 hours pieced together(3 tiers) or is that something I shouldn't risk? What are some advice or ways I could get it transported safely! This is a really good friend so I really dont want to ruin it! Thanks in advance! 

2 replies
me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 23 Apr 2018 , 5:50am
post #2 of 3

For your own peace of mind I would transport with each tier boxed individually and then stack them at the venue. If you can, arrive a bit early and see if you can borrow some fridge/cool room space to help things get firmed up again before stacking if that makes you a bit more confident. 

I have great air con in my car but I use styrofoam eskies (cooler / chilly bin / chill box) with one of those freezer block things in it to keep each tier nice and cool for transport. 

Hope that helps!

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 23 Apr 2018 , 12:54pm
post #3 of 3

I would do exactly as me_me1 suggested.  I no longer transport stacked cakes, as it is so much less nerve racking to transport individually boxed and stack at the venue.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%