Check This Out -- Or -- Y'all Been Holding Out On Me :)

Baking By -K8memphis Updated 16 Apr 2018 , 4:53pm by SandraSmiley

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
12 replies
-K8memphis Posted 15 Apr 2018 , 6:41pm
post #2 of 13

Precise Heat Mixing Bowl
 (16)
Write a review

Temper chocolate, proof bread dough, make fondue, soups, yogurts and more with the KitchenAid® Precise Heat Mixing Bowl. (Designed exclusively for use with KitchenAid® Household Stand Mixer bowl-lift models KD2661, KL26M, KP26M1, KP26M8, KP26N9, KF26M2, KV25G, KV25M, KB25G, KSM652X and KSM75XX, or as a standalone unit).

omg

-K8memphis Posted 15 Apr 2018 , 6:44pm
post #3 of 13

i guess you could do your meringues? for swiss & italian icings???? wow wow wow

-K8memphis Posted 15 Apr 2018 , 6:45pm
post #4 of 13

and ermine, french vanilla, cooked flour, red velvet icing -- whatever you call it 

-K8memphis Posted 15 Apr 2018 , 9:29pm
post #5 of 13

https://www.kitchenaid.com/shop/-[KGM]-400565/KGM/

Grind wheat, oats, corn, rice, and other low-moisture, low-oil grains. This all-metal grain mill simply attaches to the hub of your stand mixer for quick and easy milling. Choose from 'cracked' to extra fine consistency.

-K8memphis Posted 15 Apr 2018 , 9:46pm
post #6 of 13

you could put that silicone paddle on the precise heat mixing bowl and cook your egg whites -- i have dreamt of this day! literally -- i've designed this in my head in the  wee hours of the morning many times over -- hahahahaha - and here it is -- finally -- actually it started with the french vanilla buttercream/cooked flour icing -- i died standing there stirring -

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 15 Apr 2018 , 10:01pm
post #7 of 13

I have not seen either of these attachments.  The heated bowl would be pretty awesome if you made a lot of cooked frosting.  I so rarely make cakes or custards, I just coudn't justify the cost.

SandraSmiley Posted 15 Apr 2018 , 10:02pm
post #8 of 13

Now, the grain mill I would love to own!  I really enjoy making artisian breads.  Right now, on my list, is the pasta roller for my gum paste flowers.

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 16 Apr 2018 , 12:18am
post #9 of 13

I wouldn’t use the heating bowl. Too expensive for what it does. But the grain mill..oh ya. I’ve looked on and off over the years. But with just the 2 of us, not really worth it. I have the pasta attachment Sandra. I honestly am too lazy to haul out my KA mixer and fiddle around with it just for a few pieces of thin gumpaste. I also have a hand crank pasta roller...big pain in the arse. K8memphis...I have designed, in my head, over and over a portable roller/sheeter for home decorators use. One small enough to fit on a counter. Not the big honkin sheeters you see in commercial operations. I think if one could be made reasonable size, to roll out  fondant to accommodate up to 14” round , for a under $100, it would sell like crazy. Heck, I’d buy one. Unfortunately, I don’t have a mechanical mind, nor $$$$$ to spend to create a prototype. But it sure looks and sounds good in my head!!!

SandraSmiley Posted 16 Apr 2018 , 1:06am
post #10 of 13

June, I have two KA's sitting on my counter, right beside the food processor and electric knife sharpener.  All of them get near daily use, so I am not about the drag them, especially the 7 quart KA, out of the cabinet, then put it back.  Besides, my cabinets are cramed full (and I have a lot of them)!  I can hand roll fondant a lot thinner than a pasta roller, but what I want is a consistent thickness, more for my models than for flowers.

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 16 Apr 2018 , 1:52pm
post #11 of 13

Well, after hubby  reno’d our kitchen, I had the KA on the counter all the time. Constant, constant argument with hubby. Hubby couldn’t stand the KA on the counter, cause he said it looked “cluttered”. He has a thing about the clean esthetic!!! If hubby had his way, the only thing on the counter would be the coffee maker and the toaster oven. That’s it.  Hubby uses the Vitamix blender all the time, so, of course, it’s on the counter!!! I don’t think hubby realizes how hard it is with my arthritis to lift that dang KA. Hubby is going to make me a special shelf in my cupboard that lifts up. That is a BIG summer project!!!!! 

shdvl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shdvl Posted 16 Apr 2018 , 4:20pm
post #12 of 13

I would love the heat bowl. but I don't own the right style of KA, My KA is on the counter but we have little to no cupboard space here plus the size just make It almost impossible to move into what little cupboard space I have. I personally want the meat grinder and sausage stuffing attachments. We eat a lot of sausage, hot dogs and ground meats. Would love to control the quality of them plus make ground turkey and chicken cheaper than I can buy it.

SandraSmiley Posted 16 Apr 2018 , 4:53pm
post #13 of 13

It's funny because I adhere to the "nothing on the counter" in the bathroom.  I think I am the only woman in the world with just flowers and a sculpture on her vanity.  Mike has more stuff out than I, but he doesn't have very much.

I like the uncluttered look of a kitchen, but I've always loved cooking, so it just makes sense to have the equipment that is in constant use readily available, even if it does look junky.  Mike cooks all the time too, so we are in agreement.  We also have the toaster oven and coffee maker on the counter.  Thank goodness, we have lots of cabinets and counter space.  Oh, and I forgot the huge crock of hand utensils setting behind the cook top in the island!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%